Iamtdg

Reaction score
Exactly. To all the people elsewhere saying "They sucked, Heath is better anyway"... Then why wasn't he starting ahead of Wilcox and Church last year?

I wish someone would ask Steve that. He pretty much trashed everyone we let go, but no one asked why the supposed better players behind them were on the bench.

You mean.... Stevie.

:awkward

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think the most damning statistic with regards to Claiborne was his appearance record. He missed a total of 33 games out of a possible 80.
That's actually his best statistic. We were always far better on pass defense when he was out than when he was in. It was addition by subtraction, every time.

Reaction score
Go compare some of his numbers to Carr's and Caliborne's in terms of passes defensed and picks.

Then get back to me.

And its not that I think Carroll is "good". Its just compared to who he is replacing here, I don't see anything "worse"

He does have more speed than Carr or Claiborne has, and 3 times in last 4 years he has had double digit passes defensed.

Either by coaching or natural ability Carroll plays the ball in the air better than either of them. Watch highlights of him, Carroll can turn his head covering a fly pattern - seems so foreign because Cowboys CBs mostly just chase the dude instead of simultaneously playing the pass itself.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I can believe we actually have some of you guys wishing we had resigned Carr and/or Claiborne. Have you guys even watched the Cowboys the last few years? And all I heard all season was how bad Church and Wilcox are. You got what you want (then gone) and now you're wishing they were resigned?

Reaction score
I can believe we actually have some of you guys wishing we had resigned Carr and/or Claiborne. Have you guys even watched the Cowboys the last few years? And all I heard all season was how bad Church and Wilcox are. You got what you want (then gone) and now you're wishing they were resigned?

No. Not at all. Try re-reading.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That dude was such a dork. Easily one of the most annoying posters. Nobody was annoying as Hostile, though.

Was that Emperor loser the guy who had the radio show or am I confusing him with some other CZ dumbass?

Top Bottom