Reaction score
So the Holmes kid... Theatre shooter from a few years ago. Insanity is going to be his defense as to why we can't put him to death. Uh... Why? Why can't we kill the insane?

If you do the crime, you pay the piper, no?

Idgaf how whacked out you are. Hell, that's even more reason to kill you IMO.

Reaction score
The theory is that killing the insane is cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the 8th Amendment to the Constitution. NGBRI is generally really hard to prove though. The defendant has to prove that they couldn't know that what they were doing was wrong. And generally if there's any planning to what they did, then they can't prove that.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah it is a defense that shifts the burden of proof onto the defendant. It's typically a desperation ploy.

No Mid, it's inhumane to kill the insane.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think the retarded should be protected from execution, but that's about it.

Killing someone is crazy, at least it is to any sane person. Crazy people do shit like murder. If they were normal adjusted citizens, they wouldn't be murdering another person or persons. Kill them back.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are certain types of people that can not be rehabilitated: child molesters and serial killers/rapists. You can throw murderers in there too. When a human being makes that jump to that level of criminality and inhumanity, there's no fixing it. I am all for doing away with them. But, of course, we never will because we're told that's not what a civilized society does. Fuck that. Bury them and make the country a safer place.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There are certain types of people that can not be rehabilitated: child molesters and serial killers/rapists. You can throw murderers in there too. When a human being makes that jump to that level of criminality and inhumanity, there's no fixing it. I am all for doing away with them. But, of course, we never will because we're told that's not what a civilized society does. Fuck that. Bury them and make the country a safer place.
Lock them in cages for life and study them, like we would any other predatory animal.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
So the Holmes kid... Theatre shooter from a few years ago. Insanity is going to be his defense as to why we can't put him to death. Uh... Why? Why can't we kill the insane?

If you do the crime, you pay the piper, no?

Idgaf how whacked out you are. Hell, that's even more reason to kill you IMO.

Go for it. It is a slippery slope though. It reminds me of the asinine hate crime charges. Those are ridiculous.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Go for it. It is a slippery slope though. It reminds me of the asinine hate crime charges. Those are ridiculous.
Yep the criteria is always too malleable. And the people setting the criteria aren't constant.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
suwt.jpg

people like this should be summarily executed. they contribute nothing to society.

Reaction score
I agree. Just curiuos tho, doesn’t that contradict your Christian beliefs in that Jesus can change anyone?

I also hate manslaughter law. Gives someone as slap on the wrist for killing someone.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I agree. Just curiuos tho, doesn’t that contradict your Christian beliefs in that Jesus can change anyone?

I also hate manslaughter law. Gives someone as slap on the wrist for killing someone.

Stop the religious talk. Makes you sound dumb when you don't know what you are talking about.

The issue to me is that not all cases are the same. There are degrees. I am sure we could find an example of manslaughter that you agree with. The challenge is where the lines are drawn and where we as individuals think they should be drawn.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Are you referring to me? You must have me confused with someone else. I wish I was a better Christian but thi sis who I am. I hate some fucking people (mentioned above). I have no problem relieving them of their unholy urges.

Reaction score
Cruel and unusual punishment?

Bitch please. You execute innocent contributing members of society and idgaf what your mental state. You deserve to die.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Bitch please. You execute innocent contributing members of society and idgaf what your mental state. You deserve to die.
All sounds good till you're one of 'em. When you find your main squeeze in bed with a friendly Henry, bust a o-ring and kill them both. Or some other such sudden passion thing.

Reaction score

But you're operating under the assumption that they intended to do it. If they literally didn't know that they were executing innocent people or that it was wrong, then, and only then, does NGBRI come to their aid. It's a technical part of the law where they couldn't form the intent to murder someone. It's exceedingly rare that it ever happens like this. Most people at risk to act like that are institutionalized. Holmes isn't going to get there I don't think.

Reaction score
If they didn't know they were killing innocent people, then maybe they won't know they're being executed.

Top Bottom