Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The current way if you pick Dallas to win by +4 you lose if they win by 3 or less or Seattle wins. If we pick the game to be within 3 any team wining over 3 is a loss.
You can bet all three options. You're not limited to one choice.

But that's right. This particular bet is really about, "Can Dallas keep it close." If they do and you have picked the third option (which pays 10-1) you win the bet, and 10 times what you wagered, for taking on this risk.

If you do not think it will be close you pick the team you think is going to win by 4 or more. If they do, you win. Seattle pays only 2-1 here and Dallas pays 3-1, since Seattle is heavily favored.

I did it different this week based on a suggestion. Doesn't hurt to try it. If you think the game will be close, put some of your money on option 3.

The regular way of just picking the winner, and/or picking the tie will be back next week. Multiple bets are allowed, always so you can hedge.

I do set the payouts based on the betting line. The team most heavily favored will have the lowest payout. The tie is always the highest payout, because of the rarity of tie games.

There's only a slight little twist this week.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
You can bet all three options. You're not limited to one choice.

But that's right. This particular bet is really about, "Can Dallas keep it close." If they do and you have picked the third option (which pays 10-1) you win the bet, and 10 times what you wagered, for taking on this risk.

If you do not think it will be close you pick the team you think is going to win by 4 or more. If they do, you win. Seattle pays only 2-1 here and Dallas pays 3-1, since Seattle is heavily favored.

I did it different this week based on a suggestion. Doesn't hurt to try it. If you think the game will be close, put some of your money on option 3.

The regular way of just picking the winner, and/or picking the tie will be back next week. Multiple bets are allowed, always so you can hedge.

I do set the payouts based on the betting line. The team most heavily favored will have the lowest payout. The tie is always the highest payout, because of the rarity of tie games.

There's only a slight little twist this week.

OK, now I see what your doing. It's just that I live in Vegas and they have a system that is tried and true.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK, now I see what your doing. It's just that I live in Vegas and they have a system that is tried and true.
My biggest issue is I never know which of the crew is going to be settling the bets in vBookie so, I tried to clarify the deal by putting the +4 stuff on the team bets. That changed nothing about this, it only serves to (hopefully) clarify it for when it's time to settle this one.

Might make it more interesting for sure, depending on the outcome. For example, I stand to win over 100,000 if the game finishes close. But if it doesn't I lose the 10,400 I put on option #3. But that gets made up somewhat, by bets placed on Dallas winning by 4+. If Seattle wins by 4 or more though, I lose my shirt this week. It's either win a bunch, break about even or get blasted and lose it all for me.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
My biggest issue is I never know which of the crew is going to be settling the bets in vBookie so, I tried to clarify the deal by putting the +4 stuff on the team bets. That changed nothing about this, it only serves to (hopefully) clarify it for when it's time to settle this one.

Might make it more interesting for sure, depending on the outcome. For example, I stand to win over 100,000 if the game finishes close. But if it doesn't I lose the 10,400 I put on option #3. But that gets made up somewhat, by bets placed on Dallas winning by 4+. If Seattle wins by 4 or more though, I lose my shirt this week. It's either win a bunch, break about even or get blasted and lose it all for me.

I'll just suggest to all who doesn't understand betting lines. DON'T bet on Vegas. This is just for fun anyway so it doesn't matter what system you use.

If you are really concerned with how to determine betting winners use the 0.5 line. This eliminates ties.

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Did I really? That was stupid. I picked them to win. Not sure why I did that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah I think something screwy happened, I could have swore I bet for us to win by 4+
Yep something is not right with this, it is showing the odds off too. Some of the bets for Dallas to win were paid at the 10-1 rate and should not have been. Some of the bets for Dallas to win were counted for Seattle.

It's a glitch caused by the editing of the event after it was posted and I find out today, is a known bug in the add-on.

I'll be adjusting the vCash today.

Top Bottom