Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What's with the 3-point margin option... Is that a gambling thing or something?
Not a simple "win lose or tie" this week. Can they keep it close?

So the bets are:

Dallas wins by 4+
Seattle wins by 4+
Tie OR margin of victory 3 pts. or less

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Everything in me is saying Seahawks.

I'll wait until Sunday morning to pick this one. If love to know if McClain is decent enough to maybe play the whole game, or if he's a one series, then out for 3 weeks.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
For some reason I feel like the Cowboys could win this one. Probably just the fan in me. But then logic tells me... Seahawks haven't lost at home to a team outside the NFC west since 2011. Last year their defense lead the league in turnovers.

I think it's gonna be closer than a lot of people expect for a lot of reasons but this Seattle team is still the real deal. Nobody is fucking with them. Especially at home.

Seattle 34
Cowboys 27

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't mind the 3 point swing bet, but adding the element of +4 either way is kinda dumb.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't mind the 3 point swing bet, but adding the element of +4 either way is kinda dumb.
That's for when whoever settles the bets in vBookie, they can more easily pick the correct outcome. If it is a 3 point or under spread the third bet wins, no matter who actually won the game.

Hoping I don't see let's say, Seattle winning by 2 then someone calls the "Seattle wins" bet the winner. It wouldn't be.

The 4+ is just clarification. The 3 point swing makes it that way anyway.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
That's for when whoever settles the bets in vBookie, they can more easily pick the correct outcome. If it is a 3 point or under spread the third bet wins, no matter who actually won the game.

Hoping I don't see let's say, Seattle winning by 2 then someone calls the "Seattle wins" bet the winner. It wouldn't be.

The 4+ is just clarification. The 3 point swing makes it that way anyway.

Why make it so complicated? Just use the Vegas line and call it a day. Currently Seattle if favored by 7.5 or 8 depending on what book you at. The only wise bet here is Seattle - 4 and I don't bet the Cowboy game unless I think the line is too good to pass up. There should be no confusion using standard lines. If Seattle is favored by 7.5 they must win by 8 or Dallas covers. If the line is 8 and they win by 8 it's a push and V cash goes back.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I'm getting at.

you really only need 2 options if you're implementing a point spread. Dallas +/- or Seattle/whomever +/-.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sheik 5-0
SixisBetter 5-0
bbgun 4-1
Doomsday 4-1
Bluenoser 3-2
peplaw06 2-2
cmd34 3-2
NoShame 3-2
Iamtdg 2-1
dbair1967 2-1
JBond 2-1
ZeroClub 2-2
SA Cowboys Fan 2-2
UVAwayoos 2-1
Cowboysrule122 2-1
Midswat 1-4
ThoughtExperiment 1-1
2233 boys 1-1
jnday1-0
Omegasupreme 1-0
SA Cowboys Fan 1-0
CobraKai 1-0
W8lifter 1-0
Bob Sacamano 1-0
boozeman 1-0
eagle_9r _sknh8er 1-0
pdom 1-0
jeebus1-0
Everlastingxxx 1-1
Junk 1-0
ROMOTODEZ 1-0
cockstrong 0-1
MB4 0-0
Hoofbite 0-2
Shell0922 0-1

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
There's no way the Cowboys go into Seattle and upset the defending champs.
So anyway,Dallas goes into Seattle and upsets the defending champs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why make it so complicated? Just use the Vegas line and call it a day. Currently Seattle if favored by 7.5 or 8 depending on what book you at. The only wise bet here is Seattle - 4 and I don't bet the Cowboy game unless I think the line is too good to pass up. There should be no confusion using standard lines. If Seattle is favored by 7.5 they must win by 8 or Dallas covers. If the line is 8 and they win by 8 it's a push and V cash goes back.
That's much more complicated than what we've done in the past. In the past, the winning bet is the winning team, point spread isn't considered. The odds are set by who's favored.

The TIE option has always been there and always been a higher odds number because of the rarity of ties in the NFL.

This merely adds a 3 point spread to the tie option. It's simple. Makes the bet more interesting.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
That's much more complicated than what we've done in the past. In the past, the winning bet is the winning team, point spread isn't considered. The odds are set by who's favored.

The TIE option has always been there and always been a higher odds number because of the rarity of ties in the NFL.

This merely adds a 3 point spread to the tie option. It's simple. Makes the bet more interesting.

Well then the old way of simply picking the winner makes more sense than the +4 option. The way it is now there's too many ways to lose.

The current way if you pick Dallas to win by +4 you lose if they win by 3 or less or Seattle wins. If we pick the game to be within 3 any team wining over 3 is a loss.

Have you considered simply going off published betting lines. The old way you talk about with just picking the winner with higher/lower odds would be fine.

It's not my site, and you can do whatever you see fit. Just my thoughts on the subject. If if stays as is so be it.

Top Bottom