yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE: I am allowing this late pick ONE TIME and only provisionally. If at the end Dallas wins and it makes the difference in a win or tie situation, or if there is ANY protest at all, it is disallowed. But if Dallas loses anyway, it stands regardless. Only way I see to do this and make it fair.

Hey Dooms, Someone showed up at my house unexpectedly and wont shut up and I am just now getting a chance to put in my pick, I haven't even looked at the score.

My pick is Dallas if you can add it to the thread and trust me I'm not BSing

thx

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Dooms, Someone showed up at my house unexpectedly and wont shut up

This is why i try to keep my schedule different from my wife’s, she just goes on and on and on ....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is why i try to keep my schedule different from my wife’s, she just goes on and on and on ....

He should have his ass removed for two reasons. 1. Letting anything interfere with the game, and 2. making me take time out from the game to cut him a break.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE: I am allowing this late pick ONE TIME and only provisionally. If at the end Dallas wins and it makes the difference in a win or tie situation, or if there is ANY protest at all, it is disallowed. But if Dallas loses anyway, it stands regardless. Only way I see to do this and make it fair.

Thx Dooms, truth is I was picking the opposite of you no matter what & couldn't put in my pick until I saw yours but I couldn't break away from the damn conversation that came up out of the blue

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thx Dooms, truth is I was picking the opposite of you no matter what & couldn't put in my pick until I saw yours but I couldn't break away from the damn conversation that came up out of the blue
So, basically you were trying to game the system and you just got caught... ;)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I had my pick in an hour before kickoff. So unless and I mean ONLY unless it was a sudden unexpected blowjob that kept you from posting your pick and watching the ballgame from the opening kickoff on, you need to have your ass removed and your Man Card revoked.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So, basically you were trying to game the system and you just got caught... ;)

LOL

How am I gaming the system?

And how did I get caught when I straight up said my strategy was to pick the opposite of whatever Dooms picked because he was one game ahead of me with only a few (possibly one) game left.

There's nothing at stake here so why lie but if everyone thinks I'm lying, then disallow my pick because it was late.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I had my pick in an hour before kickoff. So unless and I mean ONLY unless it was a sudden unexpected blowjob that kept you from posting your pick and watching the ballgame from the opening kickoff on, you need to have your ass removed and your Man Card revoked.

I guess I lose my man card because there was no blow job ESPECIALLY considering it was my mom that talked my ear off from 10:30am until whenever my pick was posted

and I'd happily have my ass removed since its gotten far too large

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
How am I gaming the system?

And how did I get caught when I straight up said my strategy was to pick the opposite of whatever Dooms picked because he was one game ahead of me with only a few (possibly one) game left.

You were playing a dangerous game, because Dooms has been waiting until the very last minute in recent weeks to make his pick. :jerkoff

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's nothing at stake here.
Like hell. The Ric Flair memorial trophy belt is at stake! The winner of the WYG contest gets to sport that baby in his postbit for a whole year, the undisputed champion!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You were playing a dangerous game, because Dooms has been waiting until the very last minute in recent weeks to make his pick. :jerkoff

I pick based on what I think is going to happen, not at all on what other people post. So it's really not relevant when I post my pick.

I try to wait until right at kickoff, just so I also remember to lock the thread.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess I lose my man card because there was no blow job ESPECIALLY considering it was my mom that talked my ear off from 10:30am until whenever my pick was posted

and I'd happily have my ass removed since its gotten far too large

You never said it was Mom. Mom is more important than any silly pick contest orrrr dare I say it, Dallas Cowboys football. You're acquitted.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

no kidding plus if my pick was wrong, then that's all she wrote.

Its a lot easier to simply pick the opposite of Dooms. Now I have to try & figure out what the hell the cowboys are gonna do from here on out

Reaction score
Like hell. The Ric Flair memorial trophy belt is at stake! The winner of the WYG contest gets to sport that baby in his postbit for a whole year, the undisputed champion!

Memorial? Space Mountain is still open as far as I know. The Nature Boy has had a few close calls with the Grim Reaper, but he's still riding in jets and limousines while wearing alligator shoes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Memorial? Space Mountain is still open as far as I know. The Nature Boy has had a few close calls with the Grim Reaper, but he's still riding in jets and limousines while wearing alligator shoes.

Memorial as in, remembering him as he was when he wore that belt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ah. Gotcha, and I agree.
It was a sad day when Crockett sold out to Ted Turner, but then later on seeing Bobby Heenan holding the belt on the WWF made me sick. But when Flair came there as "The REAL World Champion" I think they handled that angle really well and gave Flair his due nicely. They won some respect from me on that. Flair brought a better product there and upped everyone's game, if you'll remember they even did a spot where Vince wound up taking a chair shot accidentally from the Macho Turd, Flair leaving bodies lying in his wake. Lemme see if I can find that gem on YT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
they even did a spot where Vince wound up taking a chair shot accidentally from the Macho Turd
It was a wooden chair shot from Piper lol. This is 4 minutes of pure chaos the WWF had never ever done or even seen. Pure spectacle and didn't even look planned. When it originally aired they just faded to black without the slo-mo replays this video shows. It was like somebody shot the President or something. This is also the occasion where the top of the belt got dented, and WCW used this footage to assert to the court that the WWF and Flair weren't taking care of the belt.

WWF History - RIC FLAIR & RODDY PIPER - YouTube

Top Bottom