bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Been thinking about this quite a bit lately

Although I think a QB makes sense early in the draft, I think the team continues this approach of trying to surround Romo with as much talent as possible until he completely breaks down. They'll suck then and get a QB high then

great minds ...

Brugler Mock draft 2016

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still do, too. Jerry apparently said on his radio show this morning that he thought Romo had 4-5 years left, and he got all huffy when the hosts questioned him on that. If anything Jerry probably doubles down on trying to get Romo as much help as possible before he is done.

#1. Romo is 36 years old. He's not going to be playing into his 40's.

#2. But does it the fuck really matter, if you're going to waste those 4-5 years left saddling him with a bum-ass coach like Garrett?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We are currently drafting 3rd behind Tennessee and Cleveland.

We're taking a damn QB, make peace with it fuckers.

I think its the right move. Its time and if they are honestly COUNTING on Romo being 100% for next yr and beyond they are even dumber than we all think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still do, too. Jerry apparently said on his radio show this morning that he thought Romo had 4-5 years left, and he got all huffy when the hosts questioned him on that. If anything Jerry probably doubles down on trying to get Romo as much help as possible before he is done.

He did, but he also said they'd "absolutely be developing & adding talent behind Romo"

I think he was getting all mad because they wanted him to intimate that Romo was basically finished, and he wasnt willing to concede that. I'm sure once the draft gets closer than they are going to ahve to have a difficult discussion with him about the future and explain their reasons for why they'll likely be drafting his replacement early.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not arguing against it. Just saying - do you really think Jerry and Co. are going to think that way? Or will they go get some complementary piece for Romo

I'm not against using the top pick on a potentially dominant position player (like DL, S or something) if I knew for sure that there's still be a quality developmental talent there for us with our next pick. The problem with that is you DONT know for sure, so basically you'd be gmabling.

Reaction score
Tennessee Titans (2-9) over Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7)
Cleveland Browns (2-9) hopefully upset the Cincinatti Bengals (9-2)
San Diego Chargers (3-8) over the Denver Broncos (9-2)

Beating Washington would put us at 4 wins. There's currently 7 teams with four wins, and odds are 6 of the 7 will lose this week, which means a win could make a huge drop in draft position.

Detroit Lions (4-8) already lost to Green Bay.
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7) at Tennessee Titans
Baltimore Ravens (4-7) at Miami Dolphins (4-7)
St Louis Rams (4-7) at Arizona Cardinals (9-2)
Philadelphia Eagles (4-7) at New England Patriots (10-1)
New Orleans Saints (4-7) at Carolina Panthers (11-0)

Without digging into what the tie breakers are for exact numbers.... at 3-8 our current draft position would be anywhere between 3-5.

Winning on MNF, and assuming a fair # of those current 4 win teams lose, and we'd likely end up with a draft position between 7-10.

Top Bottom