Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The running game was not mediocre- it was top 5 in the NFL. However we had no real big plays for all intents and purposes, just a steady slogging. THAT is hopefully the key difference in having Zeke.

Last year made it painfully obvious even to all but the most psychotic of Romo haters that he truly is the straw that stirs the drink.

He takes the mess that Red Ball sends him and finds a way to make plays with it. But it clearly is something that only a very few QBs can do. Kitna could do it; but to be blunt no other QB we have had has been able to do it like Romo, not even close.

Even Murray, despite beating the rushing record, was NEVER a homerun hitter. Zeke will be everything that Murray was, AND a threat to reach the endzone when in open space.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zeke will be everything that Murray was, AND a threat to reach the endzone when in open space.
Seems to have that potential, plus his advanced blocking abilities. His big disadvantage? Ginger. He probably won't be getting the ball nearly as much as Murray did in 2014, that's just not how Ginger wants to roll.

Reaction score
Technically Murray is faster in the 40 but Murray was not the greatest avoiding contact even on distance runs. He ran physically even 20 yards downfield. Ezekial is so quick with his lateral moves in the open field he won't let anyone get close to him. McFadden has great straight line speed but his long strides failed to allow him to move laterally to create separation.

Reaction score
If all Zeke does is protect the football better than "loaf of bread" Murray we should be fine in the rushing department.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Only a moron would think that we won't be better with a healthy Romo and Dez and this team is closer to the playoff team and nlt last year's.

No offense to some of you....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only a moron would think that we won't be better with a healthy Romo and Dez
Never mind we've gone 8-8 before with a healthy Romo and Dez.... Homers is stupid. Every year is "our year."

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Only a moron would think that we won't be better with a healthy Romo and Dez and this team is closer to the playoff team and nlt last year's.

A healthy Romo (but for how long?). True, we have a kick ass OL, and Elliott may be a rushing king. But Dez, even if healthy, will get double teamed as we have no one opposite of him to draw any players to that side of the field. We also have a year older Witten, is this the year he finally slows down, losses a step? Better hope not because we have no one behind him that is capable of starting. So load the box, double team Dez and blitz and you've pretty much beaten Jason.

Jason hates the FB, who would make Elliott better and could help protect Romo on passing downs. Loves that BS three wr offense, that hasn't gotten us anywhere near the Super Bowl.

If Romo goes down, there goes the season as we have the worst backup qb in the league in Moore

Reaction score

Romo carries this team. So if he stays healthy we could be a 10 win team.

But with his age and recent history, I'm not confident he stays healthy.

And Garrett is utterly useless as a head coach so he won't coach us to wins without Romo. Mindless clapping isn't a strategy.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Romo carries this team. So if he stays healthy we could be a 10 win team.

But with his age and recent history, I'm not confident he stays healthy.

And Garrett is utterly useless as a head coach so he won't coach us to wins without Romo. Mindless clapping isn't a strategy.

How does his knowledge compare to yours? Or the other recliner jockeys here?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only coach ever to freeze his own kicker.... Pretty sure most people no matter their experience wouldn't ever do that.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Once again brain surgeon, an NFL head coaches knowledge about football should be much greater than posters on a message board. Problem with Garrett, is his knowledge is FAR WORSE than the other head coaches he's competing against in the NFL. That's what matters.

So your pathetic attempt to "stick up" for Garrett are lame at best.

I did notice that you offered no reply to my previous posting of this... surprise! surprise! surprise!

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Only coach ever to freeze his own kicker.... Pretty sure most people no matter their experience wouldn't ever do that.

So you know the facts of the event and choose to lie or are too stupid to understand the facts of the event.

It will make me smile every time I see him clapping on the sideline knowing how much the shared brain here hates it...LOL

Reaction score

It's probably much higher. Just like my sons pop warner coaches knowledge level is higher than mine.

Unfortunately, Jason's coaching knowledge probably isn't that much higher than my sons pop warner coaches knowledge.

There in lies the problem.

He's a shitty fucking coach. Could he coach better than me? Sure. But I'm not getting paid 5 mil a year to coach in the NFL. Get it?

The fact that you have to try and compare Garretts knowledge level to an average joe like me just to make a point is testament to what a shitty coach he is.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's probably much higher. Just like my sons pop warner coaches knowledge level is higher than mine.

Unfortunately, Jason's coaching knowledge probably isn't that much higher than my sons pop warner coaches knowledge.

There in lies the problem.

He's a shitty fucking coach. Could he coach better than me? Sure. But I'm not getting paid 5 mil a year to coach in the NFL. Get it?

The fact that you have to try and compare Garretts knowledge level to an average joe like me just to make a point is testament to what a shitty coach he is.

I just thought a guy sitting in a recliner, second guessing all the shit a professional is doing, without all the info, must be some sort of coaching genius.

Didn't figure you were, thanks for confirmation...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL at the "he has more experience than you" argument. So did Dave Campo. So does every other terrible loser NFL coach who ever drew a paycheck.

Unfortunately he isn't coaching against us, he's coaching against other NFL coaches who were hired because GMs thought they were the best coach available, not because they were a spare family friend who makes the owner comfortable.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He won't reply to his "knows more than you " post because he just posts off his ass. Very little thought to any of his posts. just wants to inflame as many as possible. but it is entertaining

Iamtdg

Reaction score

choofed.gif

Top Bottom