Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess if Hutchinson had any pocket awareness, he may have won the job, but the guy had zero feel. Decent enough arm, but would fumble if someone farted in his general direction.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I felt bad for Hutchinson when the second he stepped out there with the offense at Texas Stadium he was booed. Every offensive drive.

I met him at Best Buy after Chicago cut him. He's a nice guy. I told him "I wished you would have worked out in Dallas" and he said "I know, I know." I said "You're in Chicago now?" He said no, dejectedly, "They released me." And then as he left he reached his hand out as to apologize to me and we shook hands and he left.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That pic reminds me, maybe the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen Jerry do in a lifetime of them was on that Campo Hard Knocks when he was meeting with some group of corporate sponsors before the season -- something like that -- and he was going on about what a sign it was that Quinthy and he shared the same birthday.

And it wasn't even a joke. He really meant it. Just unbelievable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
cowquincy.jpg

Reaction score
Real talk... I was stoked when we drafted Quincy.

On the old ESPN Boards, I used to argue with rival fans that "QUINCY HAD A BETTER QB RATING THAN MCNABB DID HIS ROOKIE SEASON!"

God I USED to be soooo dumb.

Reaction score
Real talk... I was stoked when we drafted Quincy.

On the old ESPN Boards, I used to argue with rival fans that "QUINCY HAD A BETTER QB RATING THAN MCNABB DID HIS ROOKIE SEASON!"

God I USED to be soooo dumb.
:awkward

Reaction score
I also was willing to support Carter...until his first start when he threw for like 17 yards and a couple picks.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
God he was so fucking awful. And we had to cut out 80% of the playbook because he couldn't understand it.

Yeah, 2nd round pick and starting QB material there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
God he was so fucking awful. And we had to cut out 80% of the playbook because he couldn't understand it.

Yeah, 2nd round pick and starting QB material there.

Had to teach him how to throw a spiral too, dont forget that one

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had to teach him how to throw a spiral too, dont forget that one

:lol

And how to take a snap.

God fucking god

He went to the same rehab place I went to back in the day for his ecstasy addiction. They said he tried to wash his clothes in the dryer with laundry detergent.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry: "Hmm. He can't take a snap. He can't throw a spiral. What the hell, let's release Tony Banks before he's even played one game for us and and give the raw rookie the job."

Reaction score
And people forget we also used a 2nd that year on super safety Tony Dixon, who if I recall never started at Alabama (and they sucked then).

Top Bottom