Which draft day scenario appeals to you the most?

• Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doubt that's possible.

He's rising, and many teams need a OT, including Washington and Detroit who pick right behind us.

I know. I think that he could survive the Redskins. We'd have to trade with the Texans. I could see the Redskins drafting him just to spite us.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If Peterson ends up being the guy, I'll hope for the best. One of these days another Deion is going to come around. Revis is the closest we've seen, IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And his peak did exactly jack and squat for the Packers' defense.

Exactly my point. Cornerbacks aren't game changers.

They are game changers if they are Deion Sanders or Mike Haynes type players. Players that completely alter the way teams play offense.

Peterson aint either one of them though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've seen too much of Peterson to agree.

I dont think he's a shutdown CB, nor do I even think he's a CB longterm in the NFL.

I'd take Smith over him and not think twice about it. RT is by far the worst position on the team, and OL is the worst unit on the team. Fix the pass rush, and CB is definitely not an issue IMO.

Fix the pass rush and get better safety help will help our CBs.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
There will never be another Deion. The rules favor the offense entirely too much anymore.

You'll never see another corner take away half of the field like he did. We'll get close with guys like Revis, Bailey, or Asomugha but never another Deion.

C

Cr122

If we stayed and took Tyron Smith at 9, I'd be okay with that.

But if we could trade down and get a player like Pouncey or Carimi, and add another pick in the top 40, I'm for that as well.

We still could add three starters in the top 40 as long as Jerruh selects the right players. We lose a blue chip player, but make up for it with another top 40 selection.

Reaction score
If we stayed and took Tyron Smith at 9, I'd be okay with that.

But if we could trade down and get a player like Pouncey or Carimi, and add another pick in the top 40, I'm for that as well.

We still could add three starters in the top 40 as long as Jerruh selects the right players. We lose a blue chip player, but make up for it with another top 40 selection.

Thats kind of how I feel about it.

I mean, Tyron Smith would be great.

But Gabe Carimi and someone like Kendrick Ellis with the acquired pick would be a steal.

C

Cr122

Thats kind of how I feel about it.

I mean, Tyron Smith would be great.

But Gabe Carimi and someone like Kendrick Ellis with the acquired pick would be a steal.

Smith is going to start out at RT anyways so if we trade down and end up with Carimi in the teens we turn out with a RT anyways.

The only thing with Carimi is he would stay at RT his whole career, whereas Smith will eventually be our LT at some point of his career.

Now, what if we did trade down and grab Pouncey instead, then maybe look at Derek Sherrod later in the first? Or maybe Brewer in the late second early third?

There's a lot of different scenarios that can play out, I just hope we choose the best one.

Top Bottom