Which draft day scenario appeals to you the most?

• Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Here are three draft day scenarios:

A. The first, if Patrick Peterson is available at 6, we're going to trade up and get him. Likely giving up at least a third.

B. The second, we stay pat at #9 and select Tyron Smith.

C. The third, we trade down into the teens and select the highest rated OT. Likely gaining at least a third.

Which one appeals to you the most?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If we do trade down, I'd be more than fine drafting Anthony Costanzo. We'd probably have to trade down and still be in front of Detroit though if we still plan to land him.

But my heart is set on taking Tyrone.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
How about trade down AND take Smith?

Won't be possible.

If we trade down we might as well give up on the idea of getting Smith and just go either Pouncey or Castonzo.

I think we should stay where we're at and take the best of the bunch, which seems to be Smith at this point. F trying to get tricky and playing ourselves out of the guy on top of our board.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know how much I want Smith but if Peterson is attainable at a reasonable rate, you get him. He's a game-changing defender.

sbk rant in 1, 2, 3.....

Reaction score
You know how much I want Smith but if Peterson is attainable at a reasonable rate, you get him. He's a game-changing defender.

sbk rant in 1, 2, 3.....

Wow. From you of all people.

Lets just say if we land Peterson, I'm not going to consider the draft a waste.

But I'm on the Tyron bandwagon.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If I were sure of the rest of the defense, I would really want Peterson. I just think he would be a waste to give up picks for in a trade-up.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. From you of all people.

Lets just say if we land Peterson, I'm not going to consider the draft a waste.

But I'm on the Tyron bandwagon.

I'm perfectly happy with Tyron at 9. I used to think we could trade down to 11 or 12 and still get him but I no longer think he'll last that long. I just think Peterson can be Charles Woodson special.

sbk92

Reaction score

sbk rant in 1, 2, 3.....

I don't think Peterson would have made this defense any better had he been here last year.

He's the exact opposite of a game changing defender. He's a cornerback.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with Tyron at 9. I used to think we could trade down to 11 or 12 and still get him but I no longer think he'll last that long. I just think Peterson can be Charles Woodson special.

It took Charles Woodson 9 years to reach that level though.

sbk92

Reaction score
It also took Woodson Clay Matthews and Dom Capers to make him a member of a championship defense.

Peterson adds nothing here. He's seasoning. It'd be like shaking salt on an empty plate.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
C-Wood reached his peak before Matthews and Capers arrived. Fact still remains that it took him awhile to take over games.

I don't want to wait 7-9 years for that.

sbk92

Reaction score
C-Wood reached his peak before Matthews and Capers arrived. Fact still remains that it took him awhile to take over games.

I don't want to wait 7-9 years for that.

And his peak did exactly jack and squat for the Packers' defense.

Exactly my point. Cornerbacks aren't game changers.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Idk, man. Not many defenders average 8.6 turnovers a season (Woodson's production '07-'10). And score 9 TDs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

sbk rant in 1, 2, 3.....

I've seen too much of Peterson to agree.

I dont think he's a shutdown CB, nor do I even think he's a CB longterm in the NFL.

I'd take Smith over him and not think twice about it. RT is by far the worst position on the team, and OL is the worst unit on the team. Fix the pass rush, and CB is definitely not an issue IMO.

Top Bottom