Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That guy is a patient of my dad's. I can't wait for his next appointment. I'll be there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Will Brent be playing or is he suspended?
He COULD play, he is cleared, but Redball says he is not "in football shape" yet.

Yet another reason you don't want him around. He's had how many weeks, to get in shape?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will Brent be playing or is he suspended?

He's officially on the active roster now. They activated him today and waived that LB Tim Dobbins

That said, sounds like he might be a ways away from actually playing due to weight and conditioning. They were not granted a roster exemption.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tim Dobbins will be missed. He was great in Shawshank Redemption.

Reaction score
Why would you think that, when he's had several weeks to get in shape and hasn't yet, and had all that off time before, to stay in shape?

I don't think you can get in real football shape when you can't play football.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I really doubt "football shape" is what Redball was really referencing. It's more likely this fat fuck can't cross a room without breaking into a heavy sweat and needing to stop to catch his breath.

If you're conditioned, "football shape" comes quickly.

Reaction score
I really doubt "football shape" is what Redball was really referencing. It's more likely this fat fuck can't cross a room without breaking into a heavy sweat and needing to stop to catch his breath.

If you're conditioned, "football shape" comes quickly.
I don't think he would be on the roster if this were true. NFL teams don't have the roster flexibility to put totally out of shape guys on it to just take up a roster spot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he would be on the roster if this were true. NFL teams don't have the roster flexibility to put totally out of shape guys on it to just take up a roster spot.

I read somewhere they tried to get another 2 week roster exemption for him, but were denied. So I guess they are taking a little bit of risk but if he doesn't do anything (or show anything) in 2-3-4 weeks, they can always release him and replace him with someone else.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
when I met David Wells in St. Louis, he said he's been taking Brent to workout everyday since his release. I know that's not "football shape," but it's a start.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dallas does, when it is a little social reclamation project and really not a football thing at all.

Reaction score
I think Amobe Okoye would be a better PR story if that's what they were looking to get out of a wasted roster spot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think Amobe Okoye would be a better PR story if that's what they were looking to get out of a wasted roster spot.
He doesn't have that poor little girl who lost her daddy and all that.

Top Bottom