Reaction score
Now that I have my heart set on Tyron Smith, I'm growing worried he won't be available when we pick at #9.

What teams have a legitimate need at tackle in the top 8?

And is Tyron Smith the general consensus #1 tackle in this draft? I've seen Anthony Costanzo from BC mentioned as the #1, but that was before Smith's Pro-Day.

C

Cr122

Well, the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Browns all need tackle or guard help, but I doubt they take a tackle that early.

I believe we are in the ideal spot where the first tackle comes off the board. But hey, that's just my Joe fan opinion.

Having said that Smith should be there at 9.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Browns all need tackle or guard help, but I doubt they take a tackle that early.

I believe we are in the ideal spot where the first tackle comes off the board. But hey, that's just my Joe fan opinion.

Having said that Smith should be there at 9.

I concur. Not too long ago, nobody was talking about Tyron, except cmd. He was not even mentioned among the top 3 OTs: Carimi, Costazano, Solder. I am not worried about any of those prior 8 teams going after an OT. I think #3 at the Bills is a bit high for him. But I truly believe that we are going to have to maybe stay put if we want Smith. The best thing we can hope for is to trade down with the #13 Lions if Amukamara is there. They want him, but if the Texans take him, then more than likely the Lions would take Smith.

Reaction score
Will CMD be the prophet(about Tyron)I was about Chris Johnson ? I hope so, especially if we get Tyron...

Last edited:

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Will CMD be the prophet(about Tyron)I was about Chris Johnson ? I hope so, especially if we get Tyron...

lol You and everyone else.

LAZARUS_LOGAN said:
I concur. Not too long ago, nobody was talking about Tyron, except cmd. He was not even mentioned among the top 3 OTs: Carimi, Costazano, Solder. I am not worried about any of those prior 8 teams going after an OT. I think #3 at the Bills is a bit high for him. But I truly believe that we are going to have to maybe stay put if we want Smith. The best thing we can hope for is to trade down with the #13 Lions if Amukamara is there. They want him, but if the Texans take him, then more than likely the Lions would take Smith.

We definitely can't risk a trade down. His stock is rising too fast.

And we can't just worry about the top 8 teams. We have to think about what teams behind us will try to jump over us knowing our love for him . . .

Top Bottom