bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They had a more or less fully intact smash-mouth defense when they went on their run. If we get in, I could see us winning a first round home game but nothing beyond that.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We'd be more like the Packers when they went on their run.

I'm fairly certain their defense was shook bad but they just kept going. And Rodgers caught fire and noone could stop them offensively. That's basically what we'd have to do. "Good-enough" defense combined with a good enough run game and Tony playing at a GOAT level. It could happen but I wouldn't count on it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They had a more or less fully intact smash-mouth defense when they went on their run. If we get in, I could see us winning a first round home game but nothing beyond that.

their defense was mediocre most of the year...they actually gave up mroe points than they scored I think

Reaction score
Just get in the tournament and anything can happen. If we do win the last 2 games and make it in, I wouldn't want to be the team that gets us in the wild card round.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We'd be more like the Packers when they went on their run.

I'm fairly certain their defense was shook bad but they just kept going. And Rodgers caught fire and noone could stop them offensively. That's basically what we'd have to do. "Good-enough" defense combined with a good enough run game and Tony playing at a GOAT level.
Yep, good call.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just get in the tournament and anything can happen. If we do win the last 2 games and make it in, I wouldn't want to be the team that gets us in the wild card round.
If we win the division I guess it would probably be Seattle, coming to Dallas for a 4-5 matchup.

Oh sweet revenge.

Reaction score
If we hadn't lost both Carter and Lee for the year, I'd give this serious consideration.

But losing both of them, combined with both Brent being gone and Ratliff gone for at least a month.... meh.

We're too banged up, IMO.

I'll be happy with a division title though. I've grown to appreciate those things more than I used to.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we hadn't lost both Carter and Lee for the year, I'd give this serious consideration.

But losing both of them, combined with both Brent being gone and Ratliff gone for at least a month.... meh.

We're too banged up, IMO.

I'll be happy with a division title though. I've grown to appreciate those things more than I used to.

I just appreciate being at least 8-8 these days with Jerruh as the head coa...owner.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
By your definition, we'd be the worst team to ever win a Super Bowl.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
We were this year's version of the 2011 NY Giants?

Discuss.

Cool.
We've never lost playing a Super Bowl in New Orleans.(Miami,Denver)
Also,never one won playing in Miami.(Colts,Pittsburgh twice)

Reaction score
They aren't ill-equipped to beat any one team.

I just can't imagine that kind of good luck to win 8 games in a row by 7 or less points

Reaction score
I like the resilience this team has shown.

I don't think they have the talent (i.e., not enough healthy talent) to go deep in the playoffs, but at least the last couple of games have been fun to watch.

Top Bottom