dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude GTFOH with that. He's the worst coach of the entire bunch. Garrett would not have won a SUoper Bowl with Johnson's team like Switzer. He is not better than Gailey. Garrett has had a much more talented team than Gailey. Campo won 5 games with Quincy Carter. Garrett could only win 1 game with Weeden, Moore, and Cassell. And no he was not better than Wade. Wade won as many games (percentage-wise) and as many playoff games in half the time. No telling how the Cowboys could have done under Wade if Wade could have chosen his own OC.

I guess we can agree to disagree then. I've seen every Cowboy game since 1991, and what Jerry did with hiring Switzer/Gailey/Campo is the most idiotic shit in the history of the league. All three of them were horrible, and yeah all three of them were worse than Garrett.

Switzer was maybe the biggest boob to ever walk an NFL sideline. Great college coach at OU, but he was 100% useless here. We won in spite of him. The only players that liked him here were the ones who tended to get into trouble.

Gailey was pathetic. Author of "we need WR's who can block first" philosophy, which is why you got guys like Billy Davis, Jeff Ogden and others on the field and saw perfect pass after pass bounce off peoples hands and chests. Ignored the TE position almost 100% in the passing game. Took Michael Irvin off the field in obvious passing situations. Had zero flexibility in his offensive "scheme" to the point that it got him fired.

Campo I don't think ever got a sniff at a HC interview anywhere else in the NFL, other than here. And that year Jones basically interviewed two or three people and it came down to Campo and Joe Avezzano.

As for Coach Cupcake. Give me a fucking break.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Switzer was maybe the biggest boob to ever walk an NFL sideline.
Except in general Switzer was smart enough to stay out of the way, he was nothing more than a pom pom waver and I think he knew it. Red headed genius has the "I am the smartest guy in the room complex" and in six and a half years that hasnt proven to be the case.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Except in general Switzer was smart enough to stay out of the way, he was nothing more than a pom pom waver and I think he knew it. Red headed genius has the "I am the smartest guy in the room complex" and in six and a half years that hasnt proven to be the case.

Yeah, but what Switzer did by "staying out of the way" was have no organization at all. No worthwhile practice at all. No worthwhile film watching. All this is well documented.

He was a cheerleader on the sideline, but he was extremely toxic in the lockerroom and behind the scenes with the way he and Johnny Walker GM ran the team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess we can agree to disagree then. I've seen every Cowboy game since 1991, and what Jerry did with hiring Switzer/Gailey/Campo is the most idiotic shit in the history of the league. All three of them were horrible, and yeah all three of them were worse than Garrett.

Two of them were horrible. Name another HC that had to work under such constraints as Wade? Didn't get to choose his own OC, and the one he was "gifted" with was an idiot, and eventually said idiot worked to undermine him. Garrett had three consecutive 8-8 seasons, with a far superior roster than Campo's three 5-11 seasons.

SHOW US EXACTLY WHERE GARRETT IS BETTER THAN CAMPO? At best you can argue that they are equally bad, and even the fact that Garrett is being compared to Campo says enough about him.

Switzer was maybe the biggest boob to ever walk an NFL sideline. Great college coach at OU, but he was 100% useless here. We won in spite of him. The only players that liked him here were the ones who tended to get into trouble.

Garrett's a close second. He's just as useless, and the Cowboys won in spite of him. And who really likes Garrett?

Gailey was pathetic. Author of "we need WR's who can block first" philosophy, which is why you got guys like Billy Davis, Jeff Ogden and others on the field and saw perfect pass after pass bounce off peoples hands and chests. Ignored the TE position almost 100% in the passing game. Took Michael Irvin off the field in obvious passing situations. Had zero flexibility in his offensive "scheme" to the point that it got him fired.

Almost as bad as Garrett taking Zeke out while in the red zone, and letting the defense know that you're going to pass.

Campo I don't think ever got a sniff at a HC interview anywhere else in the NFL, other than here. And that year Jones basically interviewed two or three people and it came down to Campo and Joe Avezzano.

We can agree then, that neither Campo nor Garrett should have ever been a NFL coach.

As for Coach Cupcake. Give me a fucking break.

Say what you want about Wade. He got a raw deal from the moment he was hired. We'll never know how this team could have done if he had his own choice for OC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two of them were horrible. Name another HC that had to work under such constraints as Wade? Didn't get to choose his own OC, and the one he was "gifted" with was an idiot, and eventually said idiot worked to undermine him. Garrett had three consecutive 8-8 seasons, with a far superior roster than Campo's three 5-11 seasons.

SHOW US EXACTLY WHERE GARRETT IS BETTER THAN CAMPO? At best you can argue that they are equally bad, and even the fact that Garrett is being compared to Campo says enough about him.

Garrett's a close second. He's just as useless, and the Cowboys won in spite of him. And who really likes Garrett?

Almost as bad as Garrett taking Zeke out while in the red zone, and letting the defense know that you're going to pass.

We can agree then, that neither Campo nor Garrett should have ever been a NFL coach.

Say what you want about Wade. He got a raw deal from the moment he was hired. We'll never know how this team could have done if he had his own choice for OC.

Remind me again Laz, how many chances did Wade get as a HC again?

And how many times was he ever any good?

Hint, the answer to the second question is ZERO

But keep on talking yourself into that "raw deal" baloney.

Top Bottom