Reaction score
At work we always do these lessons learned seminars after a project to go over new things learned, process improvement, things of that nature.

I'm curious what if anything did you learn in 2011? Either about the team, the league as a whole, the coaches, anything.

I learned that, or rather, the theory was cemented in my mind, that the NFL is a horridly watered down league. The commissioners (Goodell and Tagliabue before him) championed for "parity." Well they certainly got it.

If you look at the make up of the National Football League in any given year, you'll see out of thirty two teams, one or two powerhouses, one or two bottom dwellers, and 28-30 jammed in the middle.

What this means is it makes no difference whatsoever HOW you get into the playoffs, just as long as you get in. Getting that first round bye used to be a reward. Now it's virtually meaningless. Five of the last seven Super Bowl winners have played on Wild Card weekend.

I don't mean to be a bitter Cowboys fan, but when 9-7 teams are winning Super Bowls, there's a problem in my opinion.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I learned three things:

1. Jason Garrett apparently went to Harvard on a "special" scholarship.

2. Nearly everybody overvalues passing, and only former players and fans whose teams lose because of it bemoan poor tackling.

3. The only thing that's ever "in the bag" is a flask...

Reaction score
I learned...

• No matter how much I hate to admit it, Eli is elite.
  • I may have overrated Doug Free in the offseason.
  • Being a homer means being wrong most of the time with this team.
  • Dez Bryant may actually turn out like Antonio Bryant.
  • Bad Romo is really bad. But good Romo is really, really good.
  • My years of being a Newman fan are over. Thanks for your service, but you're done.
  • Mike Jenkins has heart.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There are no more great teams. Hell there's hardly any really good teams.

Every year is going to be an adventure and only the worst of the worst have little hope to make a run in any new season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I learned Jerry has closed the distance and has almost fully become Al Davis.

I learned that there are less and less people willing to make excuses for him.

I learned Jason Garrett has a long ways to go.

I learned DeMarco Murray is pretty damn good.

I learned whoever is evaluating Safety play on this team is far worse than I ever imagined.

I learned Sean Lee will be the heart of this defense for a long time.

I learned that Tyron Smith is better than I thought and Bill Nagy and Phil Costa are crappier than I thought.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the difference between missing the playoffs and winning the super bowl is nothing but luck anymore.

Reaction score
Every team not owned and operated by Jerry Jones has a chance to win a Super Bowl in the foreseeable future. Period.

Reaction score
I learned that the more i masterbate the more addictive it becomes. Oh and that the Cowboys suck big hairy balls and the Giants were not a fluke a few years ago. They are that good. Fuck me.

Reaction score
I also learned that some of the ridiculous stuff that you tend to think only happens to us, also happens to other teams as well sometimes.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I learned that the more i masterbate the more addictive it becomes. Oh and that the Cowboys suck big hairy balls and the Giants were not a fluke a few years ago. They are that good. Fuck me.

Then why did they go 3 years straight of missing the playoffs before this season?

Reaction score
Then why did they go 3 years straight of missing the playoffs before this season?

They are one of those teams that knows how to crank it up in the playoffs. Credit Tom Coughlin. He beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady twice in the Super Bowl. Wow.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just know that the Giants fumbled five times in the last two Super Bowls and got the ball back every time. I will now pour scalding-hot coffee on my lap.

Top Bottom