ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was just on... Get this... On the Romo and "Manning time" Jerry comments... Romo is now going to be in on Tuesdays, the normal players' day off, to work on the game plan with the coaches.

Why hasn't this happened before? Because Romo didn't want to? No. Romo has wanted to do this for a long time, but Garrett hasn't wanted him to.

Werder hears that Romo also wants to, and has wanted to, run more no-huddle, but Garrett hasn't wanted to. Werder says people out there tell him that's been a source of friction between the two. But Werder expects to see more of it this year.

Apparently Romo asked for this during contract negotiations and Jerry is giving it to him.

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Part of me doesn't pay much attention to Werder anymore. But this all sounds legitimate.

Question though... why on earth would Garrett be against any of that in the first place?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
^^^ maybe bc he wants to have a job?

LoL, he's getting phased out. See ya Jason.

Who will be our new coach in 14?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury HC in 2014...Jerry is going to go all out w this no huddle thing.

Once he's sold on something, there's no turning back

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Part of me doesn't pay much attention to Werder anymore. But this all sounds legitimate.

Question though... why on earth would Garrett be against any of that in the first place?

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe it is part of Garrett's "process".

Reaction score
I can't understand where or why Jason has such a huge ego?

At least I'm speculating he has a huge ego based on his not wanting to relinquish playcalling duties and not wanting his quarterback involved in gameplanning.

Theres another reason why I think he has a huge ego but it escapes me right now.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Its funny that all knowledgeable fans have been screaming for no huddle for years. This offense and romo are best in no huddle for some reason.... But yet we want to slowwwww everything down and help the defense time the snap

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's a big fucking problem when our owner is smarter than our head coach. Fuck this team is screwed.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
If they are going to continue trotting the same shitty oline on the field, the no-huddle is the way to go. Garrett can like it or not, but it covers up the flaws in the offense. They need to run it in the first series of the game and quit waiting until they are down three TDs in the second half. This can't hurt Garrett's ego anymore than the way he was ignored in the war room while Jerry and Stephen was making picks and trades and stuff. If he has a big ego, it has to hurt when Jerry picks the coaches, players and undermines him in the media on a regular basis.

Reaction score
That's right.

If you can't slow down the opposing defense, at least you can try to get them winded.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hmm, choosing between what your neophyte coach wants and what your Pro Bowl QB wants? Tough choice.

Reaction score
I still wonder about this. If Romo is calling plays, they are still Jason's construct and his philosophy. Jerry has said that he likes what Callahan brings to the offense, which in his history has been a strong running game and a short passing game. IMO, having Romo call the plays is not as threatening as having Callahan involved.
I still say that if Callahan were to move the offense to a higher run frequency and WCO strategy, (aside from preserving Romo and having more options) the success would demonstrate by contrast that Jason has been mismanaging the team and wasting the years of talent.
Jason, with his rhetoric of execution and process, essentially is claiming that his offense and design is without flaw; it is enough to win; it just needs to be run more perfectly; and given enough time in the organization and learning of his playbook, and the right kind of guys, Dallas will beat every team on every down of every game.

Reaction score
I never thought Romo really had much leeway to audible. He basically gets to choose between two plays, but that's it. He doesn't do a whole lot of rerouting WRs or changing protections. If this is true (big if cause Werder), I'm all for it.

Top Bottom