C

Cr122

Stock Report: Kevin Ogletree is down
August, 13, 2010

By Calvin Watkins

ARLINGTON -- Before we head to Oxnard, Calif., and some cool weather, we wrap up the Cowboys' 17-9 loss to the Oakland Raiders.

Stock Up

David Buehler: After two preseason games, the concerns about Buehler should be over. He's gone 6-for-7 this preseason, including 3-for-3 on Thursday night.

Mat McBriar: Another strong performance. Of his seven punts, he put three inside the 20 and had a 42.7 net average. His longest punt was for 68 yards.

DajLeon Farr: After getting signed Tuesday, Farr did have one catch, for 18 yards and didn't appear to make any mental errors. Considering where he came from and how much he played, the Cowboys got a bonus with him.

Junior Siavii. Made one tackle as his helmet popped off and got himself back in the lead for the backup nose tackle spot. Siavii is credited with four tackles, one sack, one quarterback hurry and one tackle for loss.

Bradie James: Sometimes we forget about the starters, and James had a strong first half. He played fewer than 20 snaps, but James had two tackles and one pass breakup.

Stock Down

Kevin Ogletree: Where do we begin? How about two drops among the five passes directed his way. For the night, he finished with one catch for 8 yards. He returned two kicks for 42 yards.

Manuel Johnson: His drop led to a game-clinching interception. He had only three catches for 11 yards and doesn't appear to be getting better.

Offensive line: Wade Phillips said he didn't like the fact his line allowed five first-half sacks and that starting quarterback Tony Romo was sacked three times. In the third quarter, Robert Brewster had a false start and the tackles second- and third-team tackles struggled.

Running game: Yes, there was only one true tight end, Jason Witten, but the running game averaged 3 yards per carry.

Jamar Wall: He was up and down Thursday night. He needs to make more plays on the ball in the games instead of just in practice. It was his chance to draw even or at least get in the conversation as the No. 4 corner with Cletis Gordon, who was out with an injury, but Wall struggled.

C

Cr122

DajLeon Farr: After getting signed Tuesday, Farr did have one catch, for 18 yards and didn't appear to make any mental errors. Considering where he came from and how much he played, the Cowboys got a bonus with him.

Hopefully, Farr will be alright for us.

Can't really judge him by one game though.

C

Cr122

Kevin Ogletree: Where do we begin? How about two drops among the five passes directed his way. For the night, he finished with one catch for 8 yards. He returned two kicks for 42 yards.

I don't know what's up with Olgatree.

We had high expectation of him this year.

He doesn't look good at all.

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully Ogletree will righten' the ship and get back on course. We still have Crayton and Hurd though!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't know why Ogletree doesn't seem to be working as hard as last year.

Because he thinks he's made the roster. Jerry mentioned real early like during minicamp as to how Ogletree was on the bubble. Now if the owner is saying that about you THAT early, and it still hasn't sunk in... then maybe we need to cut ties with him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can find a Sam Hurd on the unemployment line in October.

I'd rather go with Jessie Holley or Hudgkins. It seems like Hurd has got it in his mind that he will be cut and is thus going through the motions.

C

Cr122

Doubt it. How long did we hold onto Stanback?

Yeah you have a point there, but we will not carry more than six receivers.

Austin,Bryant,Williams,Crayton,Hurd,Ogletree.

That's how I have us at receiver, but if Jesse Holley keeps playing hard in these next few games he could sneak in and take either Hurds or Ogletree's spot on the roster.

Two months ago I wouldn't be saying this about Ogletree. I like the guy and think he has talent, but he has to produce and if he doesn't he won't get a free chance on the roster. Let's remember here Jesse Holley doesn't want to be placed on the practice squad either, so he's fighting to get on the 53 man team too.

C

Cr122

Hopefully Ogletree will righten' the ship and get back on course. We still have Crayton and Hurd though!

It's all up to Ogletree to produce and show us flashes of what he did last year.

So far we haven't seen that.

Top Bottom