C

Cr122

Watkins - Jerry Jones: No regrets about Pacman, T.O.

Jerry Jones: No regrets about Pacman, T.O.
August, 6, 2010

By Calvin Watkins

SAN ANTONIO -- Before leaving training camp for Canton, Ohio, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was asked about the upcoming game against the Bengals which features a few ex-Cowboys.

Terrell Owens, Roy L. Williams, Adam Jones and Tank Johnson are on the squad. Of course, Jones had the most problems with Owens, who tried to cause a riot in the Cowboys locker room, and Jones, who got into a scrum with his team-issued body guard, registering a suspension from the league.

Jones said he wouldn't second-guess himself about signing Owens, Jones and Johnson and understands why Bengals president Mike Brown would do it.

"To me it shows the positive qualities that they could bring to a team and I respect Mike Brown," Jones said. "With that comes the iffiness. Are these guys going to contribute to the team concept? I've done it and I will do it again?
---------

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Why on Earth would he have to admit making a mistake on PacMan Jones, Tank, or TO?

We got PacMan for FREE. The salary he was paid was chicken feed and we got a 4th rounder when he got suspended. It didn't work out, but when you can basically get someone for free and try a little something with them in hopes of getting some production out of them why not?

Tank didn't play much for us and I think that wore on him near the end. But he was able to rehab his image somewhat with us and I don't recall him being in any trouble while a Cowboy, do you?

TO, he and Romo we beautiful. If Romo hadn't been hurt, '08 would have been fucking insane. I still think he can play and now that he has another good QB throwing to him, we'll see. He wasn't the cancer, losing was and Roy Williams was the mole.

Top Bottom