dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why is that so lol-able?

First, because they are admitting the other 4 for 1 deal they pulled for overrated/overhyped RGpee was in fact a major mistake.

Two, because they're gonna have to trade at least a couple MORE picks here to get another QB project from the same type of offense that RG came from in college.

I just think its hilarious. But hey I hope they pull it off. Am pulling for them to make this deal or for dumbass Kelly to swap his whole draft for Mariotta. Either one of those moves helps us stay better than both of them for the immediate future.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What if Mariotta turns out to be a great QB, though? I don't particularly want either one of them getting him.

Though really, I don't think Philly even can get him, and really I'm more worried about the Skins getting Leonard Williams.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What if Mariotta turns out to be a great QB, though? I don't particularly want either one of them getting him.

I'd say the odds are far more likely he isnt good than is. If those teams are going to burn multiple draft picks to acquire him, all the better.

Though really, I don't think Philly even can get him, and really I'm more worried about the Skins getting Leonard Williams.

He's a good player for sure.

Reaction score
dbair said:
]I'd say the odds are far more likely he isnt good than is. If those teams are going to burn multiple draft picks to acquire him, all the better.

Yeah what do all these NFL scouts who with the vast consensus rate him as a top tier player really know?

Dbair seen him in a game or two and thinks he'll be stinky.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah what do all these NFL scouts who with the vast consensus rate him as a top tier player really know?

Dbair seen him in a game or two and thinks he'll be stinky.

No top rated/early draft pick QB ever busts do they Mid?

Do I need to list all of them that have for you genius?

Asshat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Decided to list them all for the asshat. Just went back to 2005.

All these guys were 1st rd picks.

2005: Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell
2006: Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler
2007: Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn
2008: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco
2009: Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman
2010: Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow
2011: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder
2012: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Barndon Weeden
2013: EJ Manual
2014: Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So Asshat, if you look at the list above and dont even count 2013 and 2014 (they still need more time, although it appears both Manual and Manziel are turning into solid busts) then how many of those QB's listed are REALLY good. Not ok, not just "decent" starters? How many of them (today, knowing what you know now) would trade UP in a draft for? I'd say maybe 5 or 6. Alot of them were just out and out busts. There's 23 listed not counting 2013 and 2014.

Thats why I said the odds were better than Mariotta wasnt any good vs actually being really good (in the NFL)

Reaction score
Manziel has played 6 quarters in the NFL. Manual has played 15 games. Too early to deem them busts just yet. Of course unless someone has an agenda to uphold.

Teams banking everything to get a guy like Mariotta isnt a joke to me. They understand that if you find a franchise QB, your team becomes a real contender.

Cowboys need to get their head out of their ass and start looking for the next QB.

Reaction score
Manziel must hate Mariota. First Oregon, now Cleveland.

Cleveland is fucking stupid if they sell the farm to get Mariota. They have so many needs. Go get Manziel some one to throw to. They need O-line help, a TE and maybe another running back.

My outside hope is if they do get another QB, Jerry can trade for you know who.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Manziel has played 6 quarters in the NFL. Manual has played 15 games. Too early to deem them busts just yet. Of course unless someone has an agenda to uphold.

That's why I said they need more time, although both appear headed down the bust path to me. Its not an agenda, you can watch the way they've both played and see they have issues.

Teams banking everything to get a guy like Mariotta isnt a joke to me. They understand that if you find a franchise QB, your team becomes a real contender.

Its fine you don't think its a joke, but you cant deny the facts. And the facts are the majority of these guys don't pan out. That's why teams investing so much to make moves to get them is foolish IMO. Now there are on occasion those OBVIOUS super blue chip franchise guys, people like Elway, Aikman, Manning and Luck. People who have tremendous talent, tremendous competitiveness, conduct themselves properly on and off the field, have the football acumen to succeed etc etc. Those guys are worth it. Most of these other guys are not. They get projected up because people WANT them to be "the guy" when in fact their true talent level for the position probably dictates they wont be.

Cowboys need to get their head out of their ass and start looking for the next QB.

They seem to have invested some time and resources into looking at a lot of these guys this yr according to reports.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cleveland is fucking stupid if they sell the farm to get Mariota. They have so many needs. Go get Manziel some one to throw to. They need O-line help, a TE and maybe another running back.

My outside hope is if they do get another QB, Jerry can trade for you know who.

Manziel could have Rice, Irvin and Randy Moss out there all in their primes and it wouldn't matter. He's stupid, scrawny and has a pop gun arm.

Reaction score
Manziel could have Rice, Irvin and Randy Moss out there all in their primes and it wouldn't matter. He's stupid, scrawny and has a pop gun arm.

You use nothing but hyperbolt, yet you have no agenda....umm ok...Rob Ryan. :crapcheer

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so "agenda" now means "don't like the player" or "don't like the coach"

ok

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't remember how to change my avatar.

Dooms, if you read this, give me back my old avatar. It was of Alan from hangover

Top Bottom