Reaction score
Alot of our LBs had a hard time getting off blocks. A space eater is kind of what you need in a cover-2 defense. Think Booger McFarland.
He was 40 lbs lighter than Nix... and he was more of a talent than people want to give him credit for anyways. He might have had to eat blockers because he played between Sapp and Rice a lot of the time, but he wasn't necessarily drafted to fill that role.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
goes to show you how dumb fans are

nobody liked Poe - hes a stud

i remember making a thread about Von Miller a few years back...nobody liked him either..called him a one trick pony...turns out he wasnt even close to making it to our pick....and he turned out to be a stud

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thank you. Tell your congregation to add me to your prayer list. This all omniscient god in the sky probably doesn't know or anything.

This is more urgent than the starving kids in Africa too, so tell him to get on it.

Reaction score
UPDATED MOCK 2/19

16. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Aaron Donald made his first-round debut in my mock draft last week, soaring all the way up to No. 16. Donald had a dominant Senior Bowl, but he's undersized. If that makes you believe that this is too high for him, I have two words for you: Jerry Jones.

I've made Donald the choice here for Dallas over Louis Nix because he's a much better fit for the defense. The Cowboys will be sticking with the same Tampa-2 again, which means they'll want someone like Donald over Nix.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
Dallas had horrible safety play all year. An upgrade in this area would have allowed it to beat Philadelphia in Week 17.

78. Dallas Cowboys: Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State
When defenders like Ernie Sims and DeVonte Holloman are playing major snaps for the defense, something absolutely needs to be done.

115. Dallas Cowboys: Dakota Dozier, G, Furman
The Cowboys have a pretty weak collection of guards, so they could look to bring in someone at the position.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's a Jerry draft. Of course we'd take the best NT after we go back to the 4-3, same logic as taking a TE in the 2nd round last season when OL was such a HUGE need for us

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've never heard of the 2nd or 4th rounder before.

Love the 1 and 3 though.

Both are decent. Dozier is a good zone guard that can move. I like that projection much more than others I see with Cyril Richardson and Gabe Jackson, neither of which fit all that well in our OL scheme. Ward? Eh. He's okay, I wouldn't take him in the second necessarily, the cupboard would have to be bare. If Joyner is there I jerk it off.

Top Bottom