C

Cr122

Wade Phillips on Cowboys win and on some players who caught his eye
Posted at 12:22 AM on Sun., Aug. 22, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Here is Wade Phillips' initial assessment of the Cowboys 16-14 win over San Diego.

**On the game: "Overall, I was proud of the way the guys kept fighting. I didn't think we played our best to start out with, but we kept fighting and made plays at the end of the game. We had some younger guys who made plays.''

**On offensive line: "I thought our offensive line held up pretty well, especially earlier in the game. They blitzed every time on third down. We hadn't seen all of those blitzes, but I thought those guys picked them up pretty well.''

**On Robert Brewster: "I thought he fought hard. I thought he played well.''

**On Cletis Gordon: "Cletis intercepted a pass again like he does in practice every day.

**On Barry Church: "He made a big play. I thought he played pretty well. I thought both of the young safeties did some good things.''

**On Danny McCray, the other young safety: "I thought McCray played outstanding on special teams. They couldn't block him. When he played (safety) he really filled the run well.''

sbk92

Reaction score
I just can't stand Wade.

Only a loser would praise his team after an effort like that.

C

Cr122

Instead of looking at the positives he should of told the media about the negatives.

We need to improve.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just can't stand Wade.

Only a loser would praise his team after an effort like that.

I see nothing wrong with this.

**On the game: "Overall, I was proud of the way the guys kept fighting. I didn't think we played our best to start out with, but we kept fighting and made plays at the end of the game. We had some younger guys who made plays.''

**On offensive line: "I thought our offensive line held up pretty well, especially earlier in the game. They blitzed every time on third down. We hadn't seen all of those blitzes, but I thought those guys picked them up pretty well.''

This is true.

**On Robert Brewster: "I thought he fought hard. I thought he played well.''

What's wrong with this? Brewster rose to the occasions. He had a good game.

**On Barry Church: "He made a big play. I thought he played pretty well. I thought both of the young safeties did some good things.''

What's wrong with this? He's acknowledging a player that made a big play.

C

Cr122

Yeah, Brewster definitely played better and at both tackle positions.

I hope I'm proven wrong about him not being anything better than a backup Guard.

sbk92

Reaction score
He should be steaming mad at how they played, not looking for positives out of that mess.

Brewster sucks. What are we doing here? Praising him for not being a liability? That offensive line was terrible in that game. No run game to speak of entirely due to the lack of blocking up front.

We got out classed badly by San Diego. Their 1s dominated our 1s. Where the F is the head coach to speak up and say it won't be tolerated?

C

Cr122

He should be steaming mad at how they played, not looking for positives out of that mess.

Brewster sucks. What are we doing here? Praising him for not being a liability? That offensive line was terrible in that game. No run game to speak of entirely due to the lack of blocking up front.

We got out classed badly by San Diego. Their 1s dominated our 1s. Where the F is the head coach to speak up and say it won't be tolerated?

San Diego was missing some starting players as well, two tackles and Vincent Jackson. I don't know who filled in for Marcus McNeil but they did a good job.

sbk92

Reaction score
San Diego was missing some starting players as well, two tackles and Vincent Jackson. I don't know who filled in for Marcus McNeil but they did a good job.

They kicked our ass. Just say it and move on.

How I wish we had a head coach with a no nonsense approach who just tells it like it is.

Instead we have some professional excuse maker who constantly looks for the positive.

It's okay, guys. You tried. And look how well you played on this play.

Feh.

Top Bottom