Reaction score
By Charean Williams
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

The Cowboys filled another need Friday, agreeing to terms with veteran cornerback Nolan Carroll.

Carroll gets a three-year deal worth $10 million, according to a source.

Carroll, 30, has played seven NFL seasons – four with the Dolphins and the past three with the Eagles. He has 54 starts, including all 16 last season.

Carroll has made eight interceptions, 221 tackles and 47 pass breakups in his career, including one interception, 10 pass breakups and 41 tackles last season.

Carroll’s signing likely means cornerbacks Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr have new homes next season. Claiborne and Carr have found a higher value in the free agent market than what the Cowboys currently are willing to pay, according to sources.

Carr never lived up to the five-year, $50.1 million deal the Cowboys signed him to in 2012, making only seven interceptions in five seasons. However, he never missed a game, starting all 80 in Dallas.

The Cowboys used the sixth overall pick on Claiborne in 2012. Although he had his best season in 2016, he missed nine games. Claiborne has missed 33 of a possible 80 games in his career.

Read more here: NFL free agency: Nolan Carroll agrees to terms with Cowboys | The Star-Telegram

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If I can get Claiborne at real, I'm signing him although I think he should not be a starter for us.

There's not much question he was better last yr before getting hurt. He clearly had changed his body in the offseason (more muscle) and it showed up with more physical play on the field. But you cant get past that one issue, he's ALWAYS hurt.

I just don't think he's worth investing a roster spot in again when we almost know for sure that something will happen and he will miss games. The other issue is he was never the playmaker that many expected him to be.

Time to move on from him and Carr. Honestly I wouldn't complain if they'd dump Scandrick too. He is older, slower, wasn't very good last year and has NEVER been a playmaker either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Carroll is a steaming pile and monumental waste of 10 million if he plays out the contract. Meanwhile the inept 4skins signed a guy who would have been a nice get in Benny Logan.

Top Bottom