iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
@clarencehilljr Now that the draft is over, Jerry Jones said the Cowboys will turn their attention to address the Doug Free situation. And get a decision

-----
i imagine they waited until the draft was over to address free. knowing we had some good FA options likely led to some of the ??? decisions in this draft. i can see winston, clabo and or moore coming our way and free, well, set free. :)

(sorry, had to do it)

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am starting to think we are set at guard and they think we have more than enough there good or bad.

Livings, Mack, Leary, kowalski, arkin, cook, Frederick, costa....

I wonder how many guys they can have inside.

Arkin is out obviously.....hopefully Moore is brought in. Clabo and Moore could be a big change.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm ready for them to do something because I'm tired of hearing about it. They've been saying the same thing for months.

Arkin is out obviously.....hopefully Moore is brought in. Clabo and Moore could be a big change.

Why is Arkin out?

mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Shoot keep them all and let they duke it out in camp and get rid of the scraps.

We need way more dog eat dog competition in the team now. Maybe we should get Vick's brother to run the drills and then we can say we ran a real vicious TC.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm ready for them to do something because I'm tired of hearing about it. They've been saying the same thing for months.

Why is Arkin out?

well i don't have a problem being patient with it. if the draft had gone differently, we may not need to sign any of them. i'm sure knowing these players were available prompted them to take more skill positions.

we'll know more as the week progresses.

Reaction score
I'm not giving up on Arkin.

Half-serious there.

Also.... I still like Kowalksi better then Costa.

mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Broaddus says it might be Clabo over Winston

At this point who cares. Get one of the two and get some serious competition at the tackle spot.

With all this Doug Free talk in the media and JJ/SJ discussing some of the situation in public it wouldn't surprise me if Free has cashed in his chips regarding the Cowboys.

I just want the team to move on.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
:lol

Still laughing at those fools that were all "doug free should be pro bowl. So lucky we found him. derp."

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I am going to watch some coaches film on clabo vs the giants and eagles while I spin some vinyl.

I will be back with some super serious breakdown in a few.

Like yea or no.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Watched Atlanta nyg and atl Seattle playoff game.

Looks like columbo circa 07 in the running game. Gets his hands on people and holds them up.

When he lines up on the line he run blocks really well, when they run the zone blocking stretch stuff he seems to run really well and gets to his guy. Did a lot of cutting guys out of this type of play.

When he is out wide with his arm on his leg like columbo used to in shotgun stuff he looks vulnerable and the giants three ends bullied him and ran around him. in the running game he pushed Pierre Paul and tuck all over, in the passing game they put their hands on his chest and just drove him into Ryan's lap.

Against seattle's ends in the playoff game he looks good. held his own against Irvin and the bigger ends. Didn't get driven back. In the running game he is good. They didn't run right much but he does drive guys.

He looks smart, giants were stunting in front of him and he would shove the first guy then pick up the next guy....that is a plus because its been a problem here. He gets on the second level really well and looks pretty mobile in the zone stuff.

Going to watch eagles and skins game later. Right now I would say he would be an improvement in the running game without question, against te giants he didn't look that great in the passing game, against Seattle he did. I guess he can handle the big strong guys pretty well, but tuck Paul moved him all over in the passing game.

Biggest concern I saw was in the giants game he was on the ground a lot. Missing some guys and flailing around in space, giants have great athletes though.

I wouldn't be giving him too much money for too long, but would be an upgrade next year for sure, just for his run blocking and power.

Reaction score
:lol

Still laughing at those fools that were all "doug free should be pro bowl. So lucky we found him. derp."

That's a tough hindsight judgment though. I was fooled. Saw a player who was strong, hustled, and had savvy. But then last year, he looked like a different player.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Watched winstOn vs Tampa and Dallas vs Tampa. Probably free's worst game.

Winston looks like free, only a little more balanced.

I am not sure I would give money to Winston. If clabo wants to much and free can get the salary reduced I think saving the money on free and not getting knee deep in a multi yr deal with Winston might be the better bet.

Clabo seems like the better player. Going to watch clabo against Tampa later and the skins then free against the skins in the final week.

Top Bottom