sdogo

Reaction score
UNC assistant takes spot with Cowboys

By
Gerry Fraley / Reporter

gfraley@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:58 AM on Tue., Feb. 8, 2011 | Permalink

Brian Baker today ended the briefest of stays at the collegiate level and returned to the NFL as the Dallas Cowboys' defensive-line coach.

Reaction score
Didn't take you long to homer out did it Middy? :)

I'm a glass half full kinda person.

Seriously though, I really like our coaching staff. Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport. Give me 22 well-coached JAG's over 22 poorly coached blue chippers any day of the week.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm a glass half full kinda person.

Seriously though, I really like our coaching staff. Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport. Give me 22 well-coached JAG's over 22 poorly coached blue chippers any day of the week.

I'm pleased with the coaching staff also.

sbk92

Reaction score
I have no real opinion on this one way or the other.

Some praise him. But he also has no experience in this scheme.

Hopefully this was the guy Rob Ryan really wanted.

As an aside, it's a dick move to take the North Carolina DL job and then leave to coach the DL for the Cowboys the following month.

C

Cr122

Another nice hire, and yes what a slap to the face for leaving North Carolina so soon.

It sucks to be North Carolina right now. See....the Cowboys or the Tar Heels?

No brainer, it's the Cowboys.

sbk92

Reaction score
Another nice hire, and yes what a slap to the face for leaving North Carolina so soon.

It sucks to be North Carolina right now. See....the Cowboys or the Tar Heels?

No brainer, it's the Cowboys.

Well, yeah. No doubt about it. But they say he really wants to be a college head coach. Some guys are like that. They prefer the college game and molding kids rather than managing adults in the NFL.

If that was the case, and since he was just hired by North Carolina, I figured he'd turn us down.

C

Cr122

Well, yeah. No doubt about it. But they say he really wants to be a college head coach. Some guys are like that. They prefer the college game and molding kids rather than managing adults in the NFL.

If that was the case, and since he was just hired by North Carolina, I figured he'd turn us down.

I didn't read too much into it, but from what I read I thought he would of said no as well seeing he just joined the Tar Heels.

He probably was excited as hell to be offered a position with the Cowboys.

Top Bottom