C

Cr122

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...o-visit-Dallas-Cowboys-Minnesota-Vikings.html

USC blue-chip offensive tackle Tyron Smith is scheduled to visit the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

Smith didn't work out at the NFL scouting combine other than bench pressing 225 pounds 29 times as he was still recovering from lateral meniscus surgery.

The 20-year-old is on schedule to work out at the Trogans' March 30 Pro Day workout on campus

The All-Pac 10 Conference selection won the Morris Trophy as the top blocker in the league last season.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pounder is projected to go as high as the top 10 selections.

Smith is expected to run anywhere from the 4.8 range to a high 4.9 at his workout.

A former Parade Magazine and Super Prep All-American selection from Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley, Calif., Smith has prototypical size and mobility for the left tackle spot.

However, he played right tackle at USC.

His best football is likely ahead of him because he's still somewhat raw and has room to develop.

Smith gained weight by improving his nutrition.

"Basically, I stared eating right," Smith said during the combine. "I stopped eating junk food. I ate right three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner and little snacks in between. I surprised myself when I hit the 300 mark. I surprised myself when I weighed 307."

He cut out McDonald's.

At the combine, Smith met with several teams, including the Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns and the New Orleans Saints.

"A high-effort guy with speed and power both," Smith said when asked what kind of player the team that drafts him will be getting.

Smith has long arms, roughly a 36-inch wingspan.

"It was tough to buy shirts with long enough sleeves," Smith said.

C

Cr122

I have 2 players that I want before Smith they are, Fairley and Dareus.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have 2 players that I want before Smith they are, Fairley and Dareus.

My list would go Peterson, Dareus, Fairley, Smith, Jordan. I would trade up for Peterson but not Dareus or Fairley. I would take them at 9 if they were there but I don't see that happening.

sbk92

Reaction score
When the college season ended I had Fairley as the clear cut best player in this draft. I always envisioned putting another 10-15lbs on him and let him play inside.

But he's since gone the other way and leaned up. I don't like that. So Marcell Dareus is at the top of my board. Fairley 2.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If we come out with either Tyrone, Jordan, or Costanza, I would be ecstatic.

I don't envision Peterson, Daerus and Fairley being available.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My list would go Peterson, Dareus, Fairley, Smith, Jordan. I would trade up for Peterson but not Dareus or Fairley. I would take them at 9 if they were there but I don't see that happening.

That is EXACTLY my list and in the exact same order. However, I might be inclined to move Smith ahead of Fairly. I also would trade up for Peterson but it also depends on how far, 2 slots is the max for me.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we come out with either Tyrone, Jordan, or Costanza, I would be ecstatic.

I don't envision Peterson, Daerus and Fairley being available.

I don't either but it's nice to dream, particulalry about Peterson. Stranger things have happened. What I like about Smith, Jordan, and Costanzo is that we could trade down and get more picks and poossibly still get any one of them. I saw this partial mock that would make me ecstatic but no way I see it happening. Some people think that Cameron Heyward could fall into the 2nd round, now if we got Smith in the 1st and then Heyward in the 2nd...

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't either but it's nice to dream, particulalry about Peterson. Stranger things have happened. What I like about Smith, Jordan, and Costanzo is that we could trade down and get more picks and poossibly still get any one of them. I saw this partial mock that would make me ecstatic but no way I see it happening. Some people think that Cameron Heyward could fall into the 2nd round, now if we got Smith in the 1st and then Heyward in the 2nd...

If that happened I would donate money to Japan. I would be so ecstatic.

Top Bottom