NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Twitter bio change led to another Garrett-Hardy conversation

Defensive end Greg Hardy hasn’t been a member of the Cowboys for all that long, but that hasn’t stopped him from compiling a healthy number of meetings with coach Jason Garrett about his public comments.

He had another one on Wednesday. Hardy changed his Twitter bio to proclaim himself “innocent until proven guilty” and share his opinion that “the unjust/prejudicial treatment of diff categories of people is discrimination.” The revision didn’t last long, likely because of Hardy’s chat with Garrett.

Multiple members of the Cowboys beat report that Garrett spoke to Hardy about the change. This is the fourth time that such a conversation has taken place with Hardy’s offseason tweet referencing 9/11 and his comments about Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen accounting for a couple of the other chats.

It’s been said that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. That could be a lesson to both Hardy and the Cowboys, although one has to wonder how many more times the Cowboys will want to go down this road for a player who hasn’t helped them avoid a 2-6 start to this season and whose contract provides him with more money every time he’s on the active roster this season.

While they’ve talked about contract extensions and being comfortable with having Hardy on the roster, the headaches may no longer be worth it if/when the Cowboys are eliminated from playoff contention in the coming weeks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett: Greg, we need to talk.

Hardy: Fuck you, Richie Cunningham. Jerry has my back.

Garrett: Sounds good.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's not a smart guy. Perhaps a "coach killer".

So good you can't think about playing without him, but dumb enough to undermine your authority every other week.

Reaction score
I wonder if Garrett stood behind him clapping and shook his head up and down as Hardy was making the changes. With that big stupid grin of his.

Reaction score
He's not a smart guy. Perhaps a "coach killer".

So good you can't think about playing without him, but dumb enough to undermine your authority every other week.
If Hardy accomplishes the feat of getting Garrett out of here, it will have been worth it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardy is such a fuck up. Last thing we need to do is give him financial security.

Hardy is probably one of only two or three defensive players that has actually earned his paycheck this year.

I don't support what he did at all, people that hit women are just about the lowest form of life. That said, he is a heckuva football player.

I do wonder if bringing him in impacted team chemistry and the locker room environment though.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Hardy is such a fuck up. Last thing we need to do is give him financial security.

I agree. One year deal is all I'd offer him again otherwise he's not worth it.

He hasn't learned his lesson and I doubt he ever will. It's ashame because he's good DE. Not worth the trouble tho.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree. One year deal is all I'd offer him again otherwise he's not worth it.

He hasn't learned his lesson and I doubt he ever will. It's ashame because he's good DE. Not worth the trouble tho.
Possible in the offseason after all the uproar dies out (That is IF the fuck can keep his nose clean and his mouth shut) he might have some trade value. Dunno.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You can give hardy a multi-year deal structured as a series of one year deals like they did with TO.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Jerry isn't letting Hardy go until he kills a series of hookers. He's like a pit bull with lockjaw on these projects.

Reaction score
If Hardy is sticking around, I hope he at least creates a locker room divide toward Garrett. Would be great entertainment.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe Hardy's contract is a lease with option to buy

It's almost entirely incentive based and written to protect both he and the Cowboys. He plays he gets paid, he performs well he gets paid more, he fucks up he doesn't get paid

I don't believe we retain the rights to him after this season and we can not franchise tag him

We could structure a long term deal similar to this one but add a behavioral clause to help guide him away from being a dumbass in the future. The portion of guaranteed money should be for injury only.

With him having continual issues hopefully that will scare away potential suitors and help Hardy realize that this truly is his last shot at the NFL

AND......

Hopefully he becomes the wedge that turns the team against Garret

Maybe he will be the conduit to Carrot Top loosing the locker room and finally getting fired

I can see Garret getting frustrated and sick of dealing with all these off field problems with Hardy and going to Jerry to tell him to finally get rid of Him. Then That being the final straw to cause JJ to fire his ass. I can see JJ valuing Hardy's playmaker ability over Garret at that point especially if he has already lost the locker room

Top Bottom