boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Loved this game.

I didn't. I certainly was not proud of Romo. I was proud of the team though. Five interceptions is hard for any team to bounce back from but they did, due in large part to Newman's interception and Folk's clutch kick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our secondary is shit and we have a make shift oline.

The OL appears to have several long term answers up front now, most importantly of which are both T spots and from the looks of it, C. Kyle Kosier is a very dependable starter at RG. I definitely wouldnt describe it as "make shift" anymore.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Notice how plymkr quoted Romo's win loss records? And I quoted back Aikman's and Rogers?

What was Emmit's won loss record? Or Dorsett's? Or Irvin's? Or...etc...

QB is more important than all of those because they have to make decisions on basically every play. And - better or worse - QB gets the credit when things go well and blame when they don't.

Than give Romo credit for what he does for this team. That's the whole point. Everyone wants to pile on when he makes mistakes, but as many others are pointing out on this thread, give the man his props.
And just because quarterback is the most important position doesn't mean it's the only one that can decide games. How many wins of Aikman's can be credited to Emmitt Smith? How would some of those games have turned out if he'd had the current offensive line as opposed to the group of Pro Bowlers that were blocking for him then?
This is a TEAM sport. Yeah, you can replace one guy if he's not cutting it. But one: 95% of the time, Romo's cutting it. And then some. And two: let's say you get your wish; Romo's gone. As important as the position is, making a change has an effect on every other spot on the team. Is that effect positive? And if it's not, it'll make the team as a whole worse. Kitna's playing against the Jets, we aren't even in the position to win in the fourth quarter.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
The OL appears to have several long term answers up front now, most importantly of which are both T spots and from the looks of it, C. Kyle Kosier is a very dependable starter at RG. I definitely wouldnt describe it as "make shift" anymore.

I wouldn't quite call it makeshift, but I wouldn't say we had a long term answer at C, either. I'm happy with the way Costa is developing, but if a good center were to fall to us in a position of value in the draft, I wouldn't hesitate to take him.

That was one of our biggest problems for a long time. Chiseling a starters name in stone, and moving on. Costa may turn out to be a 10 year stalwart on our line. Or never get any better. We don't know that now, and have to keep our eyes open for improvement. And not just at C. Every position.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wouldn't quite call it makeshift, but I wouldn't say we had a long term answer at C, either. I'm happy with the way Costa is developing, but if a good center were to fall to us in a position of value in the draft, I wouldn't hesitate to take him.

That was one of our biggest problems for a long time. Chiseling a starters name in stone, and moving on. Costa may turn out to be a 10 year stalwart on our line. Or never get any better. We don't know that now, and have to keep our eyes open for improvement. And not just at C. Every position.

I don't envision that being an issue with Garrett, if Jerry is really telling the truth when he said that noone on the roster would be there if Jason doesn't want him. Garrett's constantly preaching that creating competition is a good thing. For an example, we drafted DeMarco Murray when we probably could have used that pick elsewhere, yet he's here competing with Choice to be the backup RB. Then with the jettisoning of 3 starters on the line. So yeah, if a better C comes along in the draft, or a better LG, or a better DE and so on and so forth, we'd probably be making that move.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo eyeing redemption: In the aftermath of his two-turnover failure against the Jets, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's public response seemed exactly halfway between being emotionally devastated, as he was following the bobbled snap in the 2006 Seattle playoff loss, and the dismissive shrug attached to the 44-6 disaster in Philadelphia that cost Dallas a playoff berth two years later.

In the Cowboys' locker room on Wednesday, Romo was focused on redeeming himself this week against the San Francisco 49ers, seeming tough-minded and determined to learn from his mistakes and respond to the inevitable criticism they inspired.
"If you play the position and throw an interception and your team loses a football game, that's gonna happen,'' he said. "If you think all of a sudden people shouldn't say certain things, you need to find a different position or play another sport. That comes with the territory.

"If you have the ability and the mental makeup, you'll overcome it and become a much better player from it. If you don't, then you won't."

The perception of Romo as a late-game choker seems undeserved. Romo is 18-5 as a starter in games in which the Cowboys led or were tied with five minutes remaining. The interception Darrelle Revis made was just Romo's second in 23 games in that situation. Since becoming the starter in 2006, Romo is the highest-rated fourth-quarter passer in the league, his 100.0 rating surpassing Super Bowl winners Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.
"He understands that you have some successes and you have some things that don't go your way and you have to strap it up and go the next week,'' said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, a former quarterback. "He's done a very good job of that throughout his career. He's somebody we really trust.''
When Romo opened Cowboys Stadium with a three-interception loss to the Giants, he blamed himself publicly and resolved to be more conscious of protecting the football. He threw six interceptions the rest of the season as the Cowboys won the NFC East and their first playoff game since 1995.
"This story hasn't been written yet and there's a long road left here and it will be written at some point,'' Romo said. "I'd like to think it will turn out very positive."

-- Ed Werder

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo eyeing redemption: In the aftermath of his two-turnover failure against the Jets, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's public response seemed exactly halfway between being emotionally devastated, as he was following the bobbled snap in the 2006 Seattle playoff loss, and the dismissive shrug attached to the 44-6 disaster in Philadelphia that cost Dallas a playoff berth two years later.

In the Cowboys' locker room on Wednesday, Romo was focused on redeeming himself this week against the San Francisco 49ers, seeming tough-minded and determined to learn from his mistakes and respond to the inevitable criticism they inspired.
"If you play the position and throw an interception and your team loses a football game, that's gonna happen,'' he said. "If you think all of a sudden people shouldn't say certain things, you need to find a different position or play another sport. That comes with the territory.

"If you have the ability and the mental makeup, you'll overcome it and become a much better player from it. If you don't, then you won't."

The perception of Romo as a late-game choker seems undeserved. Romo is 18-5 as a starter in games in which the Cowboys led or were tied with five minutes remaining. The interception Darrelle Revis made was just Romo's second in 23 games in that situation. Since becoming the starter in 2006, Romo is the highest-rated fourth-quarter passer in the league, his 100.0 rating surpassing Super Bowl winners Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.
"He understands that you have some successes and you have some things that don't go your way and you have to strap it up and go the next week,'' said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, a former quarterback. "He's done a very good job of that throughout his career. He's somebody we really trust.''
When Romo opened Cowboys Stadium with a three-interception loss to the Giants, he blamed himself publicly and resolved to be more conscious of protecting the football. He threw six interceptions the rest of the season as the Cowboys won the NFC East and their first playoff game since 1995.
"This story hasn't been written yet and there's a long road left here and it will be written at some point,'' Romo said. "I'd like to think it will turn out very positive."

-- Ed Werder

Thank you very much for this superpunk. I remember this and was looking for it. But a certain pink twirly-squirrley bitch seems to think this:

not a soul outside of Dallas thinx that way of Romo - great fantasy player - terrible in the clutch .., that's the line on Toni ...

Plymkr

Reaction score
Notice how plymkr quoted Romo's win loss records? And I quoted back Aikman's and Rogers?

What was Emmit's won loss record? Or Dorsett's? Or Irvin's? Or...etc...

QB is more important than all of those because they have to make decisions on basically every play. And - better or worse - QB gets the credit when things go well and blame when they don't.

Actually, I never quoted shit about wins and losses.
We had our chances.

Look, we could beat any team on any day but we don't have a field general commanding the troops. We have Jeff Spicoli with a good arm.

We're one bad loss away from Carson Palmer under center boys.

Call me crazy, but, I wouldn't mind having Palmer in a Dallas uniform.

Romo is on a short leash, no doubt..

Yes, they "had" their chances. The defense did too and they didn't succeed in the 4th either. They got put in some bad situations with injuries and the INT,but, I didn't see them bailing out the offense too much either.

I am not blaming the dfense for this loss, either, not at all.

I just blame the WHOLE team.

Top Bottom