Reaction score
Alex Fucking Smith was able to get his team to 13-3 and the NFC title game once he finally got an NFL-caliber head coach.

Romo has no coaching, and no GM to surround him with a decent team. Yet, he still keeps us afloat.

Garrett is a poor-man's Campo. The difference is that one had POS QB's and the other has Romo to hide all his deficiencies. That in and of itself should tell you that Romo is better.

Reaction score
Keep trying to convince people.

Us intelligent football fans will just nod and dismiss your mindless ramblings regardless.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Did aikman ever have his 5 OL replaced and out of the league in 2 years?

To whom are you referring? Gurode and Colombo are still active. Kosier just got released, but I'm sure someone will pick him up. Flo played last year and is a FA.

Reaction score
I enjoy whatever tool in this thread used HOF as an argument when Romo's career is far from over. I hope nobody even entertained a reply to that "argument".

Also, thanks to whoever it is that keeps deciphering Aikman's statement like he's some autistic non-native English speaker. The guy has had a few concussions, but he's not clinically retarded. He actually knows more about what he's saying than anyone here does.

He dropped deuces on the franchise for that Roy Williams trade, and if you go to CZ on any Sunday when he's calling a Cowboys game, you'll see tons of peeps whining about he's an extreme non-homer. The guy isn't just pumping sunshine up the organization's ass all day.

He could have merely supported Romo (like it was pointed out that Staubach did for Quincy), but he said something beyond that for good reason, even though it hurts the Romo haters feelings.
:Clap

Reaction score
Do you have some magical stat that takes all of the previously mentioned variable into consideration? The stats that have been used so far cannot account for scheme, teammates, or rule changes. If you want to use passer rating as a measure of a quarterback's greatness you have to consider Romo as the 2nd best quarterback of all time, and that is laughably dumb.
The stats that have been used are all a better measuring stick than, "nuh uh I remember Aikman throwing it better." And passer rating is definitely *A* measure of greatness. Is it *the* measure of greatness, no. But it's certainly not something to be discounted.

But we all know where you stand on Romo...

Reaction score
I enjoy whatever tool in this thread used HOF as an argument when Romo's career is far from over. I hope nobody even entertained a reply to that "argument".

Also, thanks to whoever it is that keeps deciphering Aikman's statement like he's some autistic non-native English speaker. The guy has had a few concussions, but he's not clinically retarded. He actually knows more about what he's saying than anyone here does.

He dropped deuces on the franchise for that Roy Williams trade, and if you go to CZ on any Sunday when he's calling a Cowboys game, you'll see tons of peeps whining about he's an extreme non-homer. The guy isn't just pumping sunshine up the organization's ass all day.

He could have merely supported Romo (like it was pointed out that Staubach did for Quincy), but he said something beyond that for good reason, even though it hurts the Romo haters feelings.

So we agree that Aikman is a first ballot Hall of Famer, with three Super Bowl wins, a Super Bowl MVP, and the highest Super Bowl completion percentage of any QB in NFL History. And we also agree that Aikman was simply being modest and polite with his comments.

Now, UVA... get in touch with as many former players, current analysts, et cetera.

Pose them the question:

You're GM of a team. You can have an in their prime Romo, or an in their prime Aikman. Who you got?

Be sure and post back about how they all said "Easy. Aikman."

Reaction score
To whom are you referring? Gurode and Colombo are still active. Kosier just got released, but I'm sure someone will pick him up. Flo played last year and is a FA.

Davis never played again after making $10M per year here
Flo is done. 2 years
Gurode has 1 more. That'll be 2.
Kosier is done.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Darren Woodson: "I saw the best every day in practice"

Darren Woodson: Don't get any better than Troy Aikman

March, 22, 2012

By ESPNDallas.com

Former Cowboy Darren Woodson, appearing on the Ben and Skin Show on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM on Thursday, shared his opinion on Troy Aikman's statement about Tony Romo being a better quarterback:

"I don't know if I'm biased, but I saw the best every day in practice -- and that's Troy Aikman," Woodson said.

He added that Romo's athleticism is unmatched, but there's more to being a quarterback.

"You talk about leadership skills, you talk about controlling the huddle, being a huge locker room presence, brought his lunch pail to work every single day, [Aikman] is probably the most accuate quarterback I've ever seen throw the ball. A guy that really understood his role and made people play at a high level around him. They don't get any better than Troy Aikman. I haven't seen it."

Reaction score
The way those players loved Aikman shows you he was a special player. They knew what he ment to that team. Sure TO said “he’s my quaaarterback”, but those were crocodile tears.

Reaction score
They all shared great memories and are fond of their experiences. They look back and see the good times.

Romos teams have been labeled as the favorites and the perception is that they're disappointing. When in reality they're top heavy constantly outcoached

Cythim

Reaction score
The stats that have been used are all a better measuring stick than, "nuh uh I remember Aikman throwing it better." And passer rating is definitely *A* measure of greatness. Is it *the* measure of greatness, no. But it's certainly not something to be discounted.

But we all know where you stand on Romo...

In other words, you're a dumbass. Thanks for sharing.

C

Cr122

Ridiculous. Aikman was by far the better QB. One of the most accurate passers to ever play the game.

Cythim

Reaction score
Troy Aikman brought accuracy that few quarterbacks have possessed in NFL history. “The things that stand out are his accuracy and toughness,” said Pat Summerall. “He hit receivers in stride as well as any quarterback that ever played the game. And you couldn't rattle him. We saw him take unbelievable hit and not all of them sacks, mind you and get up on the next play and hit Jay Novacek right between the 8 and the 4 for a key first down.”

Thanks, Pat. You always knew what you were talking about.

C

Cr122

^^^ Fuck no, why would I?

Yeah, we all know Aikman had the better teams, but Aikman clearly was better than Romo will ever be.

It makes no sense to argue about it. Of course Aikman is going to say that. He's a classy individual.

Reaction score
For peeps saying Aikman had 3 SB rings. Well, Favre and Young both only had one each, and Aikman's not even in the conversation with them for greatest QB from that era...so Super Bowls don't tell the whole story.

And it's not just Oline (Davis, Flo, Gurode, Kosier, etc) that they've failed Romo with.

Back in 2008, during an active offseason, team owner Jerry Jones allocated $58.9 million toward signing bonuses included in long-term deals with running back Marion Barber , wide receiver Terrell Owens , free safety Ken Hamlin, tackle Flozell Adams, and cornerback Terence Newman.

All of those fuckers are gone, along with the cap space they ate up. This franchise is flawed from the top. Once Aikman had to start dealing with Jerry's puppet HC's and GM moves, he was merely a shell of a great QB.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
^

Ready to change your mind aikman backers?

Don't you mean "Romo haters"? That's usually the low-blow Tony's admirers resort to when they're losing an argument.

BTW, has Tony ever been sacked 11 times in one game, as Troy was in 1991--a year when Emmitt won the rushing title behind that so-called "great" offensive line?

Top Bottom