C

Cr122

Trip to Oxnard not viewed as a distraction
Posted at 6:53 PM on Sun., Aug. 8, 2010
Todd Archer / Reporter

The Cowboys will return home after tonight's game and will be off on Monday before a practice Tuesday at Cowboys Stadium, a walkthrough on Wednesday and preseason game No. 2 vs. Oakland before heading to Oxnard, Calif.

It might seem like a whirlwind to everybody else but not necessarily to the Cowboys.

"This is just America's Team," Bradie James said. "Jerry does some things that other hard-nosed football organizations or whatever and it's kind of unorthodox, but for us it's about accepting the challenge put out there and you accentuate the positive. You're breaking up camp to move to another place, breaking up the monotony of camp. It's your attitude."

The last time the Cowboys visited Oxnard in 2008 they were followed by the "Hard Knocks" cameras. James is glad they will not be there this time.

"I was always opposed to Hard Knocks too," James said. "I'll let y'all know that. I was the one. It developed other personalities that we didn't even know about. Guys wanted to put on for the camera. I'm not saying Hard Knocks is bad for everybody but we saw personalities develop outside training camp."

Top Bottom