Will Dallas make a trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Leonard Williams has pretty much been trash the last season+

Kevin Byard "helped" the Eagles to allow 31 pts, nearly 400 passing yards and 4 tds to Sam Howell and the Foreskins.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This one was a tough decision. If you trade for him they'd (Bears) have insisted on premium pick/s, and he isn't under contract next year. If you are giving up premium picks for the guy, then you HAVE to keep him.

We just gave Diggs an elite level contract and Johnson wants similar type money. Deron Bland has been spectacular and will also warrant a potential contract extension after the 2024 season. That's a lot of dough to tie up into 3 CB's.

He definitely would have helped us (or the Eagles, Niners, Bills etc etc) but it was definitely a tough call for any team to make.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerruh isn't objective, he thinks he has a pat hand. Falls in love with the players. We're a one and done roster at best. And he thinks it's the 92 Cowboys.
I wasn't one for making a move just for the sake of making a move, but if they could have got a difference maker then I would have said maybe they should consider it.

The players that IMO were "difference makers" were guys like Aaron Donald, Patrick Surtain, Brian Burns, Jeffrey Simmons, Derrick Brown, Danielle Hunter and a few others. None of those guys got traded, which to me means either those teams wanted the farm to move them or never really wanted to move them to begin with.

I think the Bears got by far the best player that was traded today in Montez Sweat. I think he'd have made a lot of sense for us considering 1) He's better than our other DE's 2) Armstrong and Fowler are both free agents after the season and 3) DLaw might be in his last yr here too. That said, I doubt we could have gotten Sweat for anywhere near what the Bears traded. They traded a 2 and 5 I believe and they pick far ahead of us in the draft. I suspect we'd have had to at LEAST give up our 1st and probably something else to get him, but I highly doubt the Skins would have wanted to trade him to us to begin with.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1 hour 15 minutes left until the deadline, contenders in the NFC are improving, and DAL currently sitting pat with thumb up their ass
Which contenders in the NFC improved exactly?

The Bears got by far the best player traded today, and they have almost zero chance of making the playoffs.

Top Bottom