Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Some sportswriters are saying Dallas should trade a mid round pick to the Saints for Mark Ingram at the deadline.

Thoughts?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are they looking to get rid of him? That would be embarrassing after what they gave up for him.

I don't think he's good anyway.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You're forgetting about the Garrett/Saban connection ThoughtExperiment....

Garrett would coach him up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No way I'd trade anything except a very late rd pick or conditional pick for Ingram...Randle and Dunbar are doing a good job, and we still have Ryan Williams on the PS

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
No way I'd trade anything except a very late rd pick or conditional pick for Ingram...Randle and Dunbar are doing a good job, and we still have Ryan Williams on the PS

That's how I feel. Although Ingram would be a better option than those guys it's not worth the draft pick... Especially considering I think this is the last year of his deal too. But I thought Ryan Williams did good in preseason so I'd like to see him brought up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It still mystifies me why he isn't on the active roster, getting some touches.

I think the fact he struggled with the protections and didnt really do much on ST hurts him, perhaps thats stuff he is picking up on now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think the fact he struggled with the protections and didnt really do much on ST hurts him, perhaps thats stuff he is picking up on now.
Stuff you really can't learn at practice speed. Emmitt Smith had trouble with blocking and protections early on too, but had the advantage of learning under fire, in full speed games. Hell, what back out of college is ever gonna not need learning in pro blocking and protections?

Williams should be out there getting touches.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stuff you really can't learn at practice speed. Emmitt Smith had trouble with blocking and protections early on too, but had the advantage of learning under fire, in full speed games. Hell, what back out of college is ever gonna not need learning in pro blocking and protections?

Williams should be out there getting touches.

He isnt right out of college anymore

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He isnt right out of college anymore
That wasn't anything like what I was saying. I know he isn't right out of college. I am saying that without real in-game work, very few if any RBs are going to learn protections and get good at blocking. He is not going to learn protections in practice. The mental part, possibly but not the speed and thinking on your feet part.

Should he be getting some touches, is the question.

Top Bottom