Reaction score
< Wade's Voice>

" Ahhhh come on guys we'll be fine, I held back a blitz or 2, Garrett wanted to see if Romo could still scramble and take a hit "...

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Very disappointing.

Not ready to toss the season down the toilet, but disappointing evening none the less.

I have to restrain myself when it comes to Wade. I didn't care for his coaching in Buffalo, and pitched a fit when he came to Dallas, but he's done some good things.

The quote about not being prepared against a 4-wide offense because they hadn't practiced against it, stunned me. If that was the real quote. I can't imagine in this day & age, with passing being as prolific as it is, that they wouldn't spend a reasonable amount of time in camp practicing against a 4-wide.

C

Cr122

Very disappointing.

Not ready to toss the season down the toilet, but disappointing evening none the less.

I have to restrain myself when it comes to Wade. I didn't care for his coaching in Buffalo, and pitched a fit when he came to Dallas, but he's done some good things.

The quote about not being prepared against a 4-wide offense because they hadn't practiced against it, stunned me. If that was the real quote. I can't imagine in this day & age, with passing being as prolific as it is, that they wouldn't spend a reasonable amount of time in camp practicing against a 4-wide.
It stunned me as well. What do you mean you haven't practiced against it? lol

Reaction score
It's pre-season. I'll save the knee-jerk reactions for when the games matter.

This stuff happens every pre-season. Honestly . . . ask yourself . . . when was the last time the Cowboys performed in pre-season at a level you were satisfied with? Most teams play like crap during the PS. The games I have seen . . . including parts of the Jets/Washington, Falcons/Dolphins, Jets/Giants, an KC/Atl, each team has looked pretty pedestrian at times, to outright bad.

But . . . each year, fans flop and twitch and overreact to even the most minute things that occur during these games.

Me? I watch when I can, but mostly I'm just hoping to escape without injuries. Which, thankfully (and knock on wood), we've been relatively fortunate.

Now, what did I take from this last game?

• Romo can't take that kind of abuse.
  • Houck needs to go. I realize he was at one time one of the premier OL coaches in the league, but clearly not anymore.
  • Kitna played well. I'm comfortable with him as our backup.
  • Steven McGee? Not so much. He looked bad. Real bad. I'm wouldn't object to replacing him with some other teams young castoff after final cuts.
  • Nice to see Roy making some plays and being a factor.
  • Brian McCann looked aggressive as a returner. Sometimes it looks like our guys give half-effort when returning kicks, but not McCann. Not sure he makes the team though.
  • I'm disappointed Beuhler didn't get a chance to kick a field goal or two. I would have liked to see him get a chance to kick a 40 yarder in a hostile enviroment.
  • What the hell happened on that missed pitch to Jones, and has anyone failed at trying to just fall on a football as bad as he did, there?

That's about all for now. This was the first time I actually got my now three year old son to sit down with me, enjoy some good man food, and watch the game. So that's good. He cheered when daddy did, and boo'd with me as well. I'm excited about that.

sbk92

Reaction score
The original playcall was a run between the tackles. Romo audibled to a pitch outside but Felix didn't hear the audible.

Top Bottom