overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I definitely think I am one of the top corners in the draft," Hayward, who had 15 career interceptions at Vanderbilt, said during the NFL combine. "My production has shown it. I don't know how else you can rank it if you are not going to go by production."

Hayward was right. Still, four cornerbacks were selected before Hayward in April. And Hayward lasted until the 62nd-overall pick when general manager Ted Thompson selected him.

Many of those teams that passed on Hayward are probably kicking themselves today.

Through the first seven weeks of 2012, Hayward has been one of the NFL's top defensive rookies.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rookies-learning-curve-not-very-steep-ti7a3mh-175712021.html

no lets trade up for so do CB

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its an article written by a GB writer.

That said, if we had drafted him Ryan would coach him up to ignore the football in the air, just like all our other DB's since he came on here.

Reaction score
I haven't seen Hayward play, but I have no complaints on Claiborn. He's got an interception in the end zone, and he's done a helluva job against some quality receivers.

Reaction score
Claiborne is a real good CB. But, we didn't need to trade up for a CB. That said, Jerry's track record on finding players outside the top 10 isn't stellar.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Claiborne is a real good CB. But, we didn't need to trade up for a CB. That said, Jerry's track record on finding players outside the top 10 isn't stellar.

I agree w all this..

BUT! Lets pretend we didn't take Claiborne.

Lets pretend we took Cox or Brockers..neither one of those guys would bring the pass rush this team needs..

Surely we could have gotten a valuable OL in round 2..but we wouldn't have filled the pass rushin need in rd one..and that's this teams biggest need

Last edited:

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree w all this..

BUT! Lets pretend we didn't take Claiborne.

Lets pretend we took Cox or Brockers..neither one of those guys would bring the pass rush this team needs..

Surely we could have gotten a valuable OL in round 2..but we wouldn't have filled the pass rushin need in rd one..and that's this teams biggest need

I agree we could of had two trench players

I was high on Heyward

Top Bottom