Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Clapton is clearly number 1 how do you rank the rest?

Stone temple pilots? Alice in chains? Nirvana? Kiss? Mariah Carey?

Interesting...or maybe I just need something to do today!

theogt

Reaction score
I would put Nirvana at #1.

Clapton unplugged is great, but his music lends more to that style, so it's less an unplugged and more just a good, low key concert, if that makes sense.

As a band, I prefer STP to AIC, but the AIC Unplugged is #2 for me. I still listen to that album all the way through.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
AIC clearly # 1 for me. As the theogt said I coud listen to that all day any day.

Clapton is great as well. That whole unplugged session got me turned onto his whole body of work before then didn't really pay it any attention other than what was on perpetual replay on radio stations.

Unplugged was a great concept until they starting putting everybody and any one hit wonder into the mix then it lost it's luster.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the stp and the aic unplugged.

I didnt realize there were 100 of the shows...not all of them ever aired.

Looking at the list I immediately realized I loved the alannis, 10,000 maniacs, oasis, queensryche, Springsteen, rem and pearl jam episodes. All those 80s metal bands I loved were on there also and really none of their episodes were any good.....qthe Bon jovi one I think was decent if I remember correctly...

I want to watch or listen to the mcartney one and the squeeze epsiodes if I can find them.....

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would put Nirvana at #1.

Clapton unplugged is great, but his music lends more to that style, so it's less an unplugged and more just a good, low key concert, if that makes sense.

As a band, I prefer STP to AIC, but the AIC Unplugged is #2 for me. I still listen to that album all the way through.

I just love that episode. Like most music for me it is a time stamp. The emotion of the show and the quality of musicians is what makes it so great though. The guys 3year old son fell out a window and this was his first time playing, throw in all the blues stuff and it's just gold. Love that era...

Same thing with Alice in chains, they hadnt played in a while and layne staley was still out of it but sounded good. That friends don't let friends get friends haircut on the guitar was great too. That was for the guys in Metallica who were in the audience.

Loved the nirvana show also. Another mark in time.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Fuck, I am old. I couldn't stand half of the bands Theebs mentioned in there. lol

Top Bottom