Reaction score
By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

The Cowboys, like everyone else, live with regret. We take a look at the players they probably wish they hadn't passed on in recent drafts. Here is the 2010 edition of lament:

5.) Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia / Drafted 120th overall by the Cincinnati Bengals / Atkins has become arguably the best defensive tackle in football. He's made the Pro Bowl five times, collecting 52 sacks, including nine this past season.

4.) Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami/ Drafted 95th overall by the New Orleans Saints / When Graham was a member of the Saints, he was one of the best offensive players in the NFL. He made the Pro Bowl three times and produced 386 catches, 4,752 receiving yards and 51 touchdown receptions. After rough first year with Seattle, he rebounded to make the Pro Bowl for his fourth time.

3.) Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech / Drafted 133rd overall by the Seattle Seahawks / This one hurts because the Cowboys selected a safety, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, with the 126th pick. Chancellor was invited to the Pro Bowl four times and is one of the most ferocious defensive backs in the NFL. He has been a key piece of the Legion of Boom and Seattle's vaunted defense.

2.) Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan / Drafted 195th overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers / In the last three seasons, Brown has established himself as one of the best wide receivers in the game. In fact, he may be best of all. He has made five Pro Bowls and in 2016 produced some eye-popping numbers -- 106 catches and 1,284 receiving yards. The Cowboys selected offensive tackle Sam Young 16 picks before Brown came off the board.

1.) Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona / Drafted 42nd overall by the New England Patriots / It's difficult to argue with the Cowboys taking Dez Bryant in the first round. That's the only pick they could've used to land Gronkowski. But the New England tight end might pose the most difficult matchup in all of football. Who can stop Gronk? No one apparently. The same year Gronkowski was drafted, the Cowboys signed his brother, Chris, as a rookie free agent. So there's that.

Cowboys' 2010 draft class

1, 24, Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

2, 55, Sean Lee, LB, Penn State

4, 126, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana (PA)

6, 179, Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

6, 196, Jamar Wall, CB, Texas Tech

7, 234, Sean Lissemore, DT, William & Mary

Reaction score
Well played, OS.

Hard to believe he busted. He name literally meant "Born on sunday" or some shit like that. #fate #believe

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Would Gronk have been that much better of a pick than Dez? Would Gronk at pick 24 have been considered a major reach at the time?

Sean Lee was the right pick at 55

Other than those two, yea the 2010 draft sucked ass.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matt "ouch!" Johnson, second.

Who can forget him getting injured in that pre season game against the Raiders just running down the field, never to play again. His photo next to the word fragile or glass in Websters.

Reaction score
In the drafts of 2009 and 2010 17 total players were taken. only two were worth a shit. Now that is some damn fine GMing and scouting. Probably would have done better throwing darts at a draft board while blindfolded. This is why I laugh when homers chant their favorite appeal to authority fallacy of "I'll trust the guy doing it at the NFL level for over 20 years than some guy on a forum", because I am certain the average Madden player would draft better over those two seasons.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In the drafts of 2009 and 2010 17 total players were taken. only two were worth a shit. Now that is some damn fine GMing and scouting. Probably would have done better throwing darts at a draft board while blindfolded. This is why I laugh when homers chant their favorite appeal to authority fallacy of "I'll trust the guy doing it at the NFL level for over 20 years than some guy on a forum", because I am certain the average Madden player would draft better over those two seasons.

Not to mention getting snoockered for Roy "oops I dropped it" Williams by Matt Millen, one of the worst GMs ever.

Top Bottom