NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Tony Romo would have taken a pay cut for DeMarco Murray
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 1, 2015, 5:58 AM EDT

The Cowboys weren’t going to pay DeMarco Murray what he thought he was worth.

But Murray’s friend Tony Romo said he was willing to take less than he was worth to keep him.

“DeMarco ended up asking me, ‘Why don’t you take a pay cut?‘” Romo said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, via Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com. “I was like, ‘I will. I will take a pay cut to go do this.’ I was like, ‘They’re going to restructure me and the whole thing,’ that’s the same thing in some ways just for salary-cap purposes. He was like, ‘OK, now we’re back to being friends.’ ‘You’re really worried about me? I would take $5 million less if it meant getting you back’. He knew that.”

If one of the conditions of friendship is sacrificing your own salary so someone else can get more, it might explain why I don’t have so many (OK, maybe that’s not the only reason).

But the Cowboys never asked Romo to move off the $17 million he’s due this year in any effort to keep the league’s leading rusher.

Instead, they stood on a four-year, $24 million offer to Murray, who eventually signed a five-year, $42 million deal with the Eagles.

That principle and fiscal responsibility is admirable, but it’ll be interesting to see if they value the running back position thus if, say, an Adrian Peterson became available.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
‘You’re really worried about me? I would take $5 million less if it meant getting you back’.

giphy.gif

I hope Murray didn't do that. You don't put a fellow teammate in a tough place .. or take food off his table.

Reaction score
That dude is just lying saying DM didn't bang her to save face because he's staying with her.

DM obviously did.

I'm glad Romo wasn't given the option to re-do his contract for Murray. Would've been a waste of $ like Barber was. Maybe not to the same extent, but similar.

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

You got me good dabid! Might not recover from that one! Whew!

Top Bottom