sbk92

Reaction score
SportsDayDFW sports

Former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, who is now an analyst for NBC, said he is not interested in the Cowboys' coaching opening.

"I kind of expect to be contacted by everybody who has an opening now, just to see if you're interested," Dungy told The Dan Patrick Show. "And I guess I probably would do the same thing if I was in that situation. I'm not interested. But you never know what's gonna happen or who's gonna call."

Dungy thinks the Cowboys will call him, and when asked what he would say if Jerry Jones called him and asked if he should come visit, Dungy said: "Jerry, it's not worth it. ... I do think it's a better job than people think. It would be somebody like me, but it wouldn't be me."

Dungy said that Jones need to hire a proven commodity at head coach. "He needs a Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren," Dungy said. "Those are the kind of guys he needs. All three of those guys would be pretty good right now."

Dan asked if there's any chance Jones will hire a coordinator. "I don't know if he can right now. He's going to have to have someone with instant credibility," Dungy said.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Holmgren does sound like a strong possibility. He got away from coaching for a couple of years, so he's probably ready to come back. He did win a Super Bowl and Jerry said that he's getting calls from Super Bowl winning coaches.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Holmgren does sound like a strong possibility. He got away from coaching for a couple of years, so he's probably ready to come back. He did win a Super Bowl and Jerry said that he's getting calls from Super Bowl winning coaches.

I'd take Holmgren in a heartbeat.Guy knows how to win in the NFL.

sbk92

Reaction score
Holmgren's also the best possible candidate to work with Romo.

It wouldn't shock me if he left Cleveland for here. He's tight with Jerry and I don't believe he's lost the coaching itch.

C

Cr122

Holmgren's also the best possible candidate to work with Romo.

It wouldn't shock me if he left Cleveland for here. He's tight with Jerry and I don't believe he's lost the coaching itch.

Ayuh, Mike is great with quarterbacks Romo would look like a genius out there.

I never thought of Holmgren because he was in Cleveland. He'd be a good choice as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not interested in Dungy either.

Dungy would want to bring his tampa 2 to whatever team he would go 2 and that would take a good amount of time do a change over on our defense because the tampa 2 requires good tackling corners and playmaking safteys plus good covering linebackers alot of things we are missing.

but with a coach like cowher we already have the 3-4 base and he would put his own spin on the defense that we already have. But its looking like Cowher is gonna e a log shot to coach here.

i like gruden 2 he could bring alot to our offense he would be a big help 2 our quarterback tony romo, we would just have 2 hire a big name at defensive cordinator 2 run the 3-4

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Holmbren can keep his job with the Browns and alos be HC.

C

Cr122

Dungy would want to bring his tampa 2 to whatever team he would go 2 and that would take a good amount of time do a change over on our defense because the tampa 2 requires good tackling corners and playmaking safteys plus good covering linebackers alot of things we are missing.

but with a coach like cowher we already have the 3-4 base and he would put his own spin on the defense that we already have. But its looking like Cowher is gonna e a log shot to coach here.

i like gruden 2 he could bring alot to our offense he would be a big help 2 our quarterback tony romo, we would just have 2 hire a big name at defensive cordinator 2 run the 3-4

Cowher is my first choice, but there are others who I wouldn't mind.

If Cowher could bring in his old staff that would be epic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
SportsDayDFW sports

Former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, who is now an analyst for NBC, said he is not interested in the Cowboys' coaching opening.

"I kind of expect to be contacted by everybody who has an opening now, just to see if you're interested," Dungy told The Dan Patrick Show. "And I guess I probably would do the same thing if I was in that situation. I'm not interested. But you never know what's gonna happen or who's gonna call."

Dungy thinks the Cowboys will call him, and when asked what he would say if Jerry Jones called him and asked if he should come visit, Dungy said: "Jerry, it's not worth it. ... I do think it's a better job than people think. It would be somebody like me, but it wouldn't be me."

Dungy said that Jones need to hire a proven commodity at head coach. "He needs a Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren," Dungy said. "Those are the kind of guys he needs. All three of those guys would be pretty good right now."

Dan asked if there's any chance Jones will hire a coordinator. "I don't know if he can right now. He's going to have to have someone with instant credibility," Dungy said.

This is great news, because I had zero interest in seeing him be a coach here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Right.

Why would you want a Super Bowl winning coach here?

What did he have to do with them winning that game? And if he was such a great coach, why didnt he win more than one championship with all the talent he had?

The guy was massively overrated.

Just because you win a super bowl, doesnt make you a "great" HC.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dungy has seen what these players in Dallas will do to a 'nice guy'. I bet he doesn't have any interest.

Top Bottom