C

Cr122

fraley50.jpg
Posted at 5:09 PM on Tue., Aug. 24, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Dallas Cowboys worked in in shoulder pads for the first time in six days during the afternoon practice on Tuesday.

Coach Wade Phillips said his club is mentally and physically tired and likely will be that way for Saturday's exhibition at Houston. That is the way Phillips wants it. Unlike many teams, the Cowboys remain in training-camp mode.

``That's part of getting ready for the season,'' Phillips said of the fatigue factor. ``It's necessary to get the tired and working through it. We've got things we need to work on fundamentally.''

sbk92

Reaction score
You slave driver, Wade.

If they don't like it, maybe you can make them wear shoulder pads twice in the same week.

I mean, as long as it doesn't effect your friendships.

Reaction score
You slave driver, Wade.

If they don't like it, maybe you can make them wear shoulder pads twice in the same week.

I mean, as long as it doesn't effect your friendships.

We were one of the first teams to start training camp . . . and we're several teams accross the league who started TC a week after us, have already broke camp, while we're still in camp.

sbk92

Reaction score
We were one of the first teams to start training camp . . . and we're several teams accross the league who started TC a week after us, have already broke camp, while we're still in camp.

Meaningless.

Those teams are practicing, whether they call it training camp or not.

Two-a-days sounds nice. Like you're putting the team through something. But when you're in pads and shorts in the morning and doing a walkthrough in the afternoon, it kind of loses it's luster.

Wade Phillips is easy on his players. That's exactly why the players like him.

sbk92

Reaction score
With all the injuries they have sustained...? Not sure how anybody can with a straight face can call it Camp Cupcake.

Parcells rarely had this problem.

Ya wanna know why? Because players knew better than to sit in the training room. You better be real hurt if you're gonna miss practice.

With Wade it's like you don't have a coach. There's nothing to fear. If you give them a little rope, they're gonna take it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Meaningless.

Those teams are practicing, whether they call it training camp or not.

Two-a-days sounds nice. Like you're putting the team through something. But when you're in pads and shorts in the morning and doing a walkthrough in the afternoon, it kind of loses it's luster.

Wade Phillips is easy on his players. That's exactly why the players like him.

And how many days has he done this? You rag on like he's been doing this all training camp. Once again, Midol does wonders.

sbk92

Reaction score
And how many days has he done this? You rag on like he's been doing this all training camp. Once again, Midol does wonders.

Phillips has more walkthroughs than any coach I've ever seen.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Your consistency is impressive.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells rarely had this problem.

Ya wanna know why? Because players knew better than to sit in the training room. You better be real hurt if you're gonna miss practice.

With Wade it's like you don't have a coach. There's nothing to fear. If you give them a little rope, they're gonna take it.

So who is faking hurt right now? Parcells is in Miami. You can follow after him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Phillips has more walkthroughs than any coach I've ever seen.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Your consistency is impressive.

Where's your proof that he does? And so what if he does... what's the big deal?

sbk92

Reaction score
Where's your proof that he does? And so what if he does... what's the big deal?

My proof is in my correct observation of his frequent walk throughs.

I also love the 3/4 tackle practices. Ya know, you get in position and act like you're tackling, but then hug and go back to the huddle.

Wade works the team like he works out himself.

He's a loser. I'd love for this sack of shat to take over a rebuilding team. He'd be fired in two short years. Guaranteed. At any stop in the NFL.

Reaction score
I'll take a coach who has a bunch of walk-thru's but can win in the playoffs and win the division, over a guy who runs tougher practices but can't get his team to win in December or in the post-season.

But that's just me.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll take a coach who has a bunch of walk-thru's but can win in the playoffs and win the division, over a guy who runs tougher practices but can't get his team to win in December or in the post-season.

But that's just me.

+1.

C

Cr122

I'll give Wade the benefit of a doubt this year, but I still think at best he's a great defensive cordinator.

This is the year for us to make our run, if we don't do it, then I don't see us doing it with Wade.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll give Wade the benefit of a doubt this year, but I still think at best he's a great defensive cordinator.

This is the year for us to make our run, if we don't do it, then I don't see us doing it with Wade.

That depends on how far we go. If we make it to the NFC Championship, but lose, I would disagree with yoru assessment.

C

Cr122

That depends on how far we go. If we make it to the NFC Championship, but lose, I would disagree with yoru assessment.

So you think if we lose in the championship game, Wade will be back?

I think Jerry gets pissed off if we don't make it to the SB at that point.

I think he fire's Wade, but that's just my point of view. The SB stage is set and if we don't do it this year I think Jerry makes changes.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So you think if we lose in the championship game, Wade will be back?

I think Jerry gets pissed off if we don't make it to the SB at that point.

I think he fire's Wade, but that's just my point of view. The SB stage is set and if we don't do it this year I think Jerry makes changes.

You might be right. Let me rephrase that. If the Super Bowl was anywhere else besides Cowboys Stadium, abnd we made it to the NFC Championship and lost, then I think Wade would be back. But being that it is in Cowboys Stadium, and we were to lose in the NFC Championship, then yes, I guess Wade would be gone.

sbk92

Reaction score
If we make the NFC Championship game, Wade is back. Jerry likes having his puppet. If he shows the ability to contend with Parcells' core, he'll keep him here.

If you hire a real coach, you have to step aside and quit pretending you know football. Jerry's in no hurry to do that.

Top Bottom