Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just wanted a thread to refer back on to determine the scenario that get us a first round bye.

Using the NFL playoff machine simulator...

***Assuming we win the next two games***

Week 16
Green Bay beats Tampa Bay
Seattle beats Arizona
Chicago beats Detroit (This is a HUGE game and really need the bears to win here)
Eagles or Washington wins.( However if Eagles lose and we win week 16 we win the division)

Week 17
Detroit beats Green Bay
Arizona or SF wins (Apparently it doesnt make a difference)
Seattles beats St Louis

Now, the moral of the story? Win these two games! Theres other scenario's where we can get the 2nd seed but they require GB to lose to Tampa and Seattle to lose to St Louis IN seattle and I simply dont see that happening.

If other people want to post other scenario's how we get into the playoffs, feel free to add

Last edited:

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
---To get the Number 2 seed----

Again, assuming we win these next two games

Week 16
Green Bay beats Tampa Bay
Arizona beat Seattle
Chicago beats Detroit
Eagles or Washington wins.( However if Eagles lose and we win week 16 we win the division)

Week 17
Detroit beats Green Bay
Arizona or SF wins (Apparently it doesnt make a difference)
Seattle or St Louis wins (Apprently it doesnt make a difference)

We really need Chicago to beat the lions next week!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Basically any scenario that has Detroit beating Green Bay at home, flush that shit.

Were 7-0 on the road and like 1-19 at home this year. Do you REALLY want us hosting playoff games????

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really want the 1 seed.

I'll take the 3... maybe we can beat Detroit at home. Then going to Arizona and Green Bay would be ideal.

Ideal seeding:

1. Green Bay
2. Arizona
3. Dallas
4. South shit
5. Seattle
6. Detroit

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really want the 1 seed.

I'll take the 3... maybe we can beat Detroit at home. Then going to Arizona and Green Bay would be ideal.

Ideal seeding:

1. Green Bay
2. Arizona
3. Dallas
4. South shit
5. Seattle
6. Detroit

If we're the 3, to me the ideal seeding would have Arizona at 6. They have almost no chance to win next week and probably wont win in week at either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Basically any scenario that has Detroit beating Green Bay at home, flush that shit.

Were 7-0 on the road and like 1-19 at home this year. Do you REALLY want us hosting playoff games????

For whatever reason we are far better on the road it seems, but the one big thing that would come with the bye is much needed rest for Romo and Murray

Reaction score
Okay but what happens if Dallas loses the next two games and Philly wins their two? This is a similar Dallas weakness since Parcells left, that winning one game has no bearing on winning any future games. Instead, they need to fight like underdogs every game like they don't deserve to be there. Probably feeds into why home games are so often a disadvantage for Dallas because there is some comfort or lack of tension that leads to complacency.

And of course there's a coach who spends very little time attacking the inevitable weaknesses of an opponent during a game and just keeps calling his plays and his pre-ordained gameplan.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was just about to say, am I the only one still worried about making it? I feel worse about beating the Colts than I did the Eagles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was just about to say, am I the only one still worried about making it? I feel worse about beating the Colts than I did the Eagles.

I dont know why anyone would think its a foregone conclusion we'll definitely be in.

That said, we'll be favorites to win the last two games. If we win both, obviously we are in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And of course there's a coach who spends very little time attacking the inevitable weaknesses of an opponent during a game and just keeps calling his plays and his pre-ordained gameplan.

And yet the QB, RB, WR and OL all rank at the top of the leagues in any number of stats that measure success.

Reaction score
If we're the 3, to me the ideal seeding would have Arizona at 6. They have almost no chance to win next week and probably wont win in week at either.
If I had my druthers, we would avoid more than one home playoff game and avoid going to Seattle at all costs. Don't want to depend on beating them twice in 5 months up there.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Really dont want to host the Lions in the wilcard round. Obviously it's a good problem to have but its an awful matchup. Really Good Dline and a high potent passing offense. Horrible matchup

Good point about rooting against Arizona actually...would love to host them. They are the ideal matchup with absolute garbage at QB

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't find one scenario where the cardinals fall to the 6 seed

Seems impossible to face them as we aren't getting the 4 seed either

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't find one scenario where the cardinals fall to the 6 seed

Seems impossible to face them as we aren't getting the 4 seed either

Not sure about the tiebreakers, but if Detroit wins the division and GB finishes 11-5, and Arizona loses both of their remaining games to finish 11-5. Both GB and Arizona would have 8-4 NFC records at that point.

Whats the tie breaker after conf record and who does it favor?

Top Bottom