Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, fuck me.

I was asking an honest question.

But that's fine if you wanna be a dick about it.

(By the way, you already go zero to ape shit on anyone who gets the smallest detail wrong, and now you're going zero to ape shit when you get something wrong, even when no one is calling you out. I love your impressive knack for going zero to ape shit.)

what.

I wasnt mad at all, I was just laughing because you guys are acting like I made it up or something, when clearly I just forgot the quarter it happened in thats all.

wasnt a big deal at all.

Didnt you tell me last week you have no respect for me and didnt like me anyway?

when do I go zero to apeshit on anyone? Where is that coming from?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you on the marijuana, son? There was almost nothing that was as big of a deal as this. Imagine Romo doesn't come down with it, McCoy does. Momentum has flipped and suddenly the Bucs who couldn't do anything on us all game drive the field and win 14-13. Just like happened against the Jets in our opener last year.

Because this fucking ginger will not learn.

blah blah blah...maybe if they hand off Murray fumbles, you just dont know

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Statistically speaking there is a far lesser chance of that. Fumbles per carry (which is the only bad thing that could happen there, even if we lose yardage we are still running the clock which is good) are far more infrequent than incompletions and interceptions per pass attempt. Both things are bad results in that situation (where we needed the clock to run) that happen far more frequently than a fumble. I'd guess at a rate of about 50-1 but I could be talked down to 30-1. (30 incompletions or interceptions for every fumble by a RB on a handoff)

So at a minimum Garrett increased our probability of having a negative play 30-fold. For such a smart guy that's a fucking retarded move.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Statistically speaking there is a far lesser chance of that. Fumbles per carry (which is the only bad thing that could happen there, even if we lose yardage we are still running the clock which is good) are far more infrequent than incompletions and interceptions per pass attempt. Both things are bad results in that situation (where we needed the clock to run) that happen far more frequently than a fumble. I'd guess at a rate of about 50-1 but I could be talked down to 30-1. (30 incompletions or interceptions for every fumble by a RB on a handoff)

So at a minimum Garrett increased our probability of having a negative play 30-fold. For such a smart guy that's a fucking retarded move.

If he was the only one who'd have ever done it, you'd have a point. But teams call pass plays in that situation all the time.

It wasnt like there was only a minute or so left in the game either.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a point no matter who fucking does it. It's fucking retarded. It's called math son. Probabilities. Learn them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2011:
Top 10 Backs: 57 fumbles
Top 10 QBs: 182 INTs
Top 10 QBs: 2,062 incompletions

So our ratio is 2,244/57, or 39.3:1. Basically a 40:1 ratio. (Easily 40:1 if we also factor in lost fumbles by QBs)

By calling a pass play, Garrett increased the probability of something bad happening there by 40 times. In a situation where he absolutely did not need to, as a field goal puts the game out of reach for a team who can't move the ball and wouldn't have time to do it twice.

Reaction score
what.

I wasnt mad at all, I was just laughing because you guys are acting like I made it up or something, when clearly I just forgot the quarter it happened in thats all.

wasnt a big deal at all.
I wasn't acting like you made anything up by asking that question. You assumed I was for some ridiculous reason. I agree it wasn't a big deal, until you acted like I had some ulterior motive to discredit you.

I was trying to give you a chance to clarify yourself. If I was trying to discredit you, I WOULD have looked it up myself and called you a dumbass for making shit up.

Didnt you tell me last week you have no respect for me and didnt like me anyway?

when do I go zero to apeshit on anyone? Where is that coming from?
Um, no.

I think you post a ton of good stuff. But you tend to go off the rails at times. Like here.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
off the rails?

ok whatever.

Now I know what you think so thats fine, dont recall ever doing or saying anything to you like this but its cool.

there are like 5 other members I will just talk to them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do we need some sort of safe room where you ladies can go to talk about your feelings and sync up your periods?

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
If he was the only one who'd have ever done it, you'd have a point. But teams call pass plays in that situation all the time.

It wasnt like there was only a minute or so left in the game either.

Dblair you are wrong here. I believe there was 4 minutes left. Tampa's offense had done zero all day. You play conservative and kick a 17 yard field goal and you are up 9 points with maybe 2 minutes left to play.

Game over

The way the offensive line was playing, there is absolutely no reason to take that chance

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
For as much as people harp on the OL, I actually think play calling on the offensive side of the ball is worse. No rhythm.

OL shows what happens when you have a room full of guys making decisions as a group. You have no idea what your identity is going to be

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For as much as people harp on the OL, I actually think play calling on the offensive side of the ball is worse. No rhythm.

OL shows what happens when you have a room full of guys making decisions as a group. You have no idea what your identity is going to be

Hard to get any rhythm when you cant block...when you lose yards on half your running plays and your QB gets blasted left and right even on short passing attempts, WTF are you expecting?

There are no "magic" plays

Reaction score
lol

Garrett's a shitty OC? Quite an epiphany, Sherlock.

Only taking some of you 4 years to figure it out.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hard to get any rhythm when you cant block...when you lose yards on half your running plays and your QB gets blasted left and right even on short passing attempts, WTF are you expecting?

Hard to block when you opt for scrubs.

This year was chalked full of OL.

Good thing Spencer is taking up 9M in cap space.......lord knows the team would be much worse with 2 capable OL and whatever bum they could find at OLB.

Reaction score

Yeah. Can't really hide a deficient OL.

(Not that I trust PFF ratings, but have you seen the PFF ratings for this OL? They are awful.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom