Reaction score
Didnt you know, the government not taking your money is the exact same as the government giving someone else money. You can't be for one and against the other.

Yeah, I can be for the gov't taking less.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
More than offering up another failed stimulus as a viable option.

I don't think stimulus was a a failure, the failure was obamas inability to find a single shovel ready job to help build the economy. Nothing says he doesn't care about the American people and is unqualified more than that. I was fine with the 700 billion, but how about we put in the natural gas infrastructure we will need for the next 30 years? But I guess that is the same a guaranteeing non performing loans to wind farms...

Reaction score
Oh. I guess it's good that I didn't do that then.

A good way to do that would be to give the general public, the largest sector of citizens, more money to purchase things with.

Taking more from earners to give it to non-earners is even more retarded.

Reaction score
I don't think stimulus was a a failure, the failure was obamas inability to find a single shovel ready job to help build the economy. Nothing says he doesn't care about the American people and is unqualified more than that. I was fine with the 700 billion, but how about we put in the natural gas infrastructure we will need for the next 30 years? But I guess that is the same a guaranteeing non performing loans to wind farms...

I definitely wouldn't classify it as a success.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A good way to do that would be to give the general public, the largest sector of citizens, more money to purchase things with.

Taking more from earners to give it to non-earners is even more retarded.

Noone said anything about a stimulus or giving money to non-earners. Do you want to set up more strawmen or would you like to actually address anything?

Reaction score
Noone said anything about a stimulus or giving money to non-earners. Do you want to set up more strawmen or would you like to actually address anything?

Then where is this money coming from that you want to give to the general public "to purchase things with"?

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
We need a flat tax, that way we arent sitting here plotting to fvck over the other guy with things we don't want to pay. Under 20k nothing, 20-40 10%, over 40k 20%. No property depreciation, no charity write off. The only thing I would leave is interest is tax deductible. And no capital gains.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I hate this idea that those over 250,000 don't pay enough. What is enough? I would estimate that least 60% of my profit goes to taxes...

So how much do you need to take from me until government has enough to spend on you, SP?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need a flat tax, that way we arent sitting here plotting to fvck over the other guy with things we don't want to pay. Under 20k nothing, 20-40 10%, over 40k 20%.

That's not a flat tax, that's a progressive tax, which is what we have now. A flat tax rate is a terrible idea. 20% of someone who makes 80k a year means alot more to him than 20% of someone who makes 1 million per year.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
That's not a flat tax, that's a progressive tax, which is what we have now. A flat tax rate is a terrible idea. 20% of someone who makes 80k a year means alot more to him than 20% of someone who makes 1 million per year.

It was pretty damn flat. I love how people who make 80k deserve their money following orders 40 hours a week. But I actually create on 60+ hours but my money doesn't mean much to me so you get it.

Reaction score

20% is 20%. And 20% of 1 million means those making more are paying more. Simple math.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we should just start over and give everyone a fair chance.

Put $200k in every single persons bank account and say "go".

Top Bottom