SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Eh,they've done well getting players,no doubt.
Still have 16 game schedule to play though.

Reaction score
apparently Bince Young is the one running his mouth about the dream team stuff. Andy, muzzle your new mongo.

Reaction score
Vince Young declares the Eagles to be a “Dream Team”

Vince Young declares the Eagles to be a “Dream Team”
Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT

In a move that could eventually be a nightmare for Philly fans, newly-arrived backup quarterback Vince Young has declared the Eagles to be a “Dream Team.”

“From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

All that’s missing are the fog machines, the spotlights, and expectations that can be achieved only if the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

Team president Joe Banner knows the power of the term that Young applied to the Eagles.

“It’s a scary term,” Banner said, per McManus, “but . . . somebody wrote the words ‘The Eagles are all in,’ and that’s how we look at it. We’re doing anything and everything we can, we’re being aggressive about it, and the expectations are high.”

Last year, the Eagles won the NFC East but lost at home in the wild-card round to the Packers. Whether Asomugha and Jason Babin and Young and Donald Lee and Johnnie Lee Higgins and whatever else the Eagles have up their sleeves will put make coach Andy Reid’s 13th season his luckiest one yet remains to be seen.

That said, it’s safe to say that the same dynamic that made otherwise neutral NBA fans turn on the Miami Heat will prompt NFL fans with no strong feelings about the Eagles to develop them.

Quickly.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember that team that signed a bunch of big name players and won a superbowl? I'm drawing blanks.

BulldogJones

Spectator
Reaction score
The Eagles and Redskins have spent a lot of money - the outcome will be interesting. A decent coach at Washington for a change. Can't stand either team so I am hopeful we rise above.

Reaction score
The Eagles and Redskins have spent a lot of money - the outcome will be interesting. A decent coach at Washington for a change. Can't stand either team so I am hopeful we rise above.

Problem the Skins have is that John beck is their quarterback...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The only time "buying a championship" worked that I can remember was 1994, the first year of the cap when the Niners beat us in the NFC Championship game. They signed half the probowl defense that yr and somehow fit everyone under a 40 million cap (which everyone found out later was due to cap cheating).

Even then, had we not had so many injuries and had the refs not fixed that game with two or three God awful calls and non calls (including the infamous Deion no call on Irvin) we still would have beaten them.

Reaction score
The only time "buying a championship" worked that I can remember was 1994, the first year of the cap when the Niners beat us in the NFC Championship game. They signed half the probowl defense that yr and somehow fit everyone under a 40 million cap (which everyone found out later was due to cap cheating).

Even then, had we not had so many injuries and had the refs not fixed that game with two or three God awful calls and non calls (including the infamous Deion no call on Irvin) we still would have beaten them.

The only significant signings the Niners made were Sanders & Norton, hardly "Half of that Pro Bowl defense". Unless you are counting aged spare parts like Gary Plummer and Rickey Jackson...

Also, show me a link that says the Niners cheated on the cap that year, this is the first I've heard of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They signed Deion Sanders, Charles Mann, Richard Dent, Ken Norton, Gary Plummer and Ricky Jackson in one offseason. Sanders, Dent, Jackson and Norton were all in the probowl in 1993. The Sanders contract is still one of the biggest jokes in league history, he signed a 1yr deal worth "only" one million dollars, which baffled all. Still to this day he wont discuss the details of it. It was widely reported (especially here locally in Atlanta) he was given several million dollars by the DeBartalo's, outside of his signed contract.

They were right up against the cap when it was put into place, and signed all these guys. I forget which yr it was (might have been 96 or 97) but they got busted for circumventing the salary cap in previous yrs, and they had to forfeit a couple of draft picks because of it.

Reaction score
They signed Deion Sanders, Charles Mann, Richard Dent, Ken Norton, Gary Plummer and Ricky Jackson in one offseason. Sanders, Dent, Jackson and Norton were all in the probowl in 1993.

With the exception of Sanders & Norton, spare parts. Jackson had a whopping 3.5 sacks in 1994, Dent played in 2 games for the Niners.

The Sanders contract is still one of the biggest jokes in league history, he signed a 1yr deal worth "only" one million dollars, which baffled all. Still to this day he wont discuss the details of it. It was widely reported (especially here locally in Atlanta) he was given several million dollars by the DeBartalo's, outside of his signed contract.

Conspiracy Theory.

They were right up against the cap when it was put into place, and signed all these guys. I forget which yr it was (might have been 96 or 97) but they got busted for circumventing the salary cap in previous yrs, and they had to forfeit a couple of draft picks because of it.

All I could find was info about 1997, no mention of the 1994 team.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
LMFAO & ROFLMAO @ Vince Young: "Yah, dis a dreem teem."

Vince Young thinks he's part of this "Dream Team" they've put together in Philly.

Top Bottom