Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Listening to the arguments yesterday one thing was clear. The government could not explain when the law applies and when it doesn't. The Government attorney was twisting pretzels into double pretzels to explain why only J6 protesters were charged under this statute. It was obvious that the conservative, and eve the liberal, justices saw through the nonsense. We'll have to see how much integrity the liberals are willing to shed to go along with the government's arguments. When Gorsuch brought up pulling the fire alarm to stop a vote in congress, I spit out my coffee. Man, that gutted the government's arguments.

But, as always, we never know what the SCOTUS will do. I am fairly certain Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are against the government on this one. Roberts appears to be with them but he is always unpredictable. Barrrett could go either way. We could see some kind of middle ground carved out somehow.

One thing to note. Barrett kept calling J6 a protest. The government prosecutor kept calling J6 a riot. No one called it an insurrection.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If you are not paying attention to Trump's criminal prosecution in NYC, you are missing the destruction of the American judicial system. Jury selection is taking place and already 7 jurors have been seated. The judge is clearly allowing liberals to be seated on the jury but not allowing conservatives. Every juror has confessed to getting their news from Google, the NY Times, CNN, or MSNBC. Only one said he watches Fox News, but he also said he watches MSNBC and listens to NPR! One juror attended a Biden victory celebration but claimed she could be impartial.

You can see what is going on here. Not only is the judge gagging Trump, and forcing him off the campaign trail to be in the courtroom, he is stacking the jury against Trump.

Keep in mind, the judge has allowed this case to go forward despite the fact the state charges have expired under the statute of limitations. Bragg elevated the charges to get around the statute of limitations by also prosecuting Trump for a federal crime, for which Bragg has no jurisdiction! This case is so corrupt and absurd even liberals are questioning what is going on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Listening to the arguments yesterday one thing was clear. The government could not explain when the law applies and when it doesn't. The Government attorney was twisting pretzels into double pretzels to explain why only J6 protesters were charged under this statute. It was obvious that the conservative, and eve the liberal, justices saw through the nonsense. We'll have to see how much integrity the liberals are willing to shed to go along with the government's arguments. When Gorsuch brought up pulling the fire alarm to stop a vote in congress, I spit out my coffee. Man, that gutted the government's arguments.

But, as always, we never know what the SCOTUS will do. I am fairly certain Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are against the government on this one. Roberts appears to be with them but he is always unpredictable. Barrrett could go either way. We could see some kind of middle ground carved out somehow.

One thing to note. Barrett kept calling J6 a protest. The government prosecutor kept calling J6 a riot. No one called it an insurrection.
Sounds like at minimum, a 6-3 vote is almost assured. It isnt a given obviously, but I wouldnt be surprised if one or even two of the Lib justices join them.

This whole Trump stuff is utter garbage and the people behind it 1000% deserve to be imprisoned or executed.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
If you are not paying attention to Trump's criminal prosecution in NYC, you are missing the destruction of the American judicial system. Jury selection is taking place and already 7 jurors have been seated. The judge is clearly allowing liberals to be seated on the jury but not allowing conservatives. Every juror has confessed to getting their news from Google, the NY Times, CNN, or MSNBC. Only one said he watches Fox News, but he also said he watches MSNBC and listens to NPR! One juror attended a Biden victory celebration but claimed she could be impartial.

You can see what is going on here. Not only is the judge gagging Trump, and forcing him off the campaign trail to be in the courtroom, he is stacking the jury against Trump.

Keep in mind, the judge has allowed this case to go forward despite the fact the state charges have expired under the statute of limitations. Bragg elevated the charges to get around the statute of limitations by also prosecuting Trump for a federal crime, for which Bragg has no jurisdiction! This case is so corrupt and absurd even liberals are questioning what is going on.
With all that's going on, this aspect of our downfall concerns me the most. Every facet of our national identity has been infiltrated and the final step toward utter oppression is cemented in the fact that you can be jailed/criminalized for partisan (I don't know that partisan is the right word) loyalty.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sounds like at minimum, a 6-3 vote is almost assured. It isnt a given obviously, but I wouldnt be surprised if one or even two of the Lib justices join them.

This whole Trump stuff is utter garbage and the people behind it 1000% deserve to be imprisoned or executed.
I don't know if execution is the right punishment, but I absolutely believe that when government official use the power of their positions to deprive citizens of their rights, or due process, they should face punishment, and in some cases incarceration. This is how you keep it from happening. I think Fani Millis, Jack Smith, Letitia James, Alvin Bragg and Judge Merchan have all violated Trump's constitutional rights and are using their positions to damage Trump for political reasons. They should all be indicted for civil rights violations and punished with disbarment, and prison terms. If this happened to the first prosecutor, no other prosecutor would dare do the same thing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if execution is the right punishment, but I absolutely believe that when government official use the power of their positions to deprive citizens of their rights, or due process, they should face punishment, and in some cases incarceration. This is how you keep it from happening. I think Fani Millis, Jack Smith, Letitia James, Alvin Bragg and Judge Merchan have all violated Trump's constitutional rights and are using their positions to damage Trump for political reasons. They should all be indicted for civil rights violations and punished with disbarment, and prison terms. If this happened to the first prosecutor, no other prosecutor would dare do the same thing.
It absolutely is for some. 100% warranted. Treason is punishable by death and that's what the extreme left has done to this country.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I know voir dire occurs where attorneys from both sides and the judge can ask questions of potential jurors and have them excused but I cant find who makes the final call of which people become jurors.

Does anyone know?

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know voir dire occurs where attorneys from both sides and the judge can ask questions of potential jurors and have them excused but I cant find who makes the final call of which people become jurors.

Does anyone know?
In this case the judge. Basically, if no one objects to a juror that juror is selected. But in this case, the judge is allowing himself a final say. I believe this is so he can weed out any Trump sympathizers, but I may be biased.

Anyone who has been to jury duty knows the first question the judge asks all prospective jurors is if they know the defendant, or the attorney's in the case. If you say yes then the chances are you will be rejected as a juror for that case. But how do they do that for Donald Trump? Everyone knows Trump and I think everyone has an opinion about him one way or the other. This is why judges should not allow frivolous cases against ex-presidents into their court rooms.

On top of that, attorneys are only allowed a certain number of objections to jurors. I believe in this case objections without cause are limited to 10. In a city where 85% to 90% or residents are Democrats, the limitation on Trump's side is a significant disadvantage.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) made history Thursday night just before midnight by essentially surrendering Republican majority control to Democrats.

For the first time in recorded history — since the House began keeping records — the House Rules Committee relied on minority party votes to overcome objections from the majority and advance a rule bill to the House floor.

The committee voted nine to three, with all four Democrats on the committee voting with five Republicans to move a rule to the House floor, which, if passed with Democrat support as expected, would allow votes on Johnson’s foreign aid package, including a bill that includes tens of billions to fund Ukraine.

Conservative Reps. Chip Roy (R-TX), Thomas Massie (R-KY), and Ralph Norman (R-SC) voted no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Get that scumbag out of there.

You can definitely see how this is going to play out after the elections. Johnson has basically set up for Republicans lose house control and allow Dems to refuse to certify Trump's victory in November. Ultra Lib-tard Jeffries is already the de-facto speaker, Johnson is a paid off puppet.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Get that scumbag out of there.

You can definitely see how this is going to play out after the elections. Johnson has basically set up for Republicans lose house control and allow Dems to refuse to certify Trump's victory in November. Ultra Lib-tard Jeffries is already the de-facto speaker, Johnson is a paid off puppet.

I have been giving this all a lot of thought lately and I think Republicans are beginning to behave like Democrats, and I don't mean ideologically. We always talk about liberals and how they are intolerant of differing opinions. We see liberals a single minded, lemmings that ape CNN and MSNBC because they are incapable of independent thinking. Yet, here are Republicans beating each other up because we do not agreed on all issues. When you have a party of people who think for themselves, you will get differing opinions. However, what makes us one party is our respect and fealty to the constitution and the rule of law. This is what separates us from Democrats who see the constitution as an obstruction.

I am not a fan of sending money to Ukraine,, unless it is a ploy to get Russia into peace talks. But I see no attempt to get Russia and Ukraine into negotiations. At the same time, I don't think that Republicans who favor funding Ukraine are bad Republicans. There was a time when Republicans would have fully supported this and Democrats would have fully opposed.

I want to do something about illegal immigration but it has to be far more comprehensive than building a wall. We need real reform. We need to stop all benefits and privileges to illegals. No money, no jobs, no drivers licenses or voting. Period. Money today would be used to put lipstick on the pig.

We have an election just a few months away. We need to stay focused on electing Trump, winning the Senate and keeping the House. Then we can push for real progress on a lot of issues.

It just seems like we are better at fighting other Republicans than we are at fighting Democrats.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
More Gaslighting from the UniParty!!!

The worst part of this was Democrats waving Ukraine flags in congress, and shouting "Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine!" after the vote was taken. These are the same people who find the American flag offensive and chants of "USA, USA, USA!" racist. They should all be expelled from congress immediately for this behavior. It is much worse than anything George Santos ever did.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
All the promise of Mike Johnson's speakership crumbled to dust over the weekend, as Johnson gave Democrats everything they wanted on Ukraine, FISA, and more without a single concession on the border. Charlie Kirk tries to pick up the pieces and ask: Do Democrats already run the House again? Rep. Thomas Massie weighs in, and Sen. Mike Lee explains a possible Hail Mary to save the day in the Senate.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
All the promise of Mike Johnson's speakership crumbled to dust over the weekend, as Johnson gave Democrats everything they wanted on Ukraine, FISA, and more without a single concession on the border. Charlie Kirk tries to pick up the pieces and ask: Do Democrats already run the House again? Rep. Thomas Massie weighs in, and Sen. Mike Lee explains a possible Hail Mary to save the day in the Senate.

Unbelievable. MSNBC sounds like they are into war mongering now. Listen to the analyst they had on in the beginning. He suggests that giving Ukraine long range missiles so they can strike Crimea, or Russian troops directly will force Russia to the bargaining table. In other words, let's escalate the conflict to force a peace. That should sound familiar to the older folks who lived through the Vietnam war. Let send 500k troops to force a peace. Let's bomb Hanoi to force a peace. Did it work? Sure we got peace and the communists got South Vietnam anyway.

We can have peace talks right now if we chose to. Biden just has to set up a meeting with Putin to ask him what he wants. Biden has not met formally with Putin since he took office. This is dereliction. I suspect his handlers understand that Biden is in not mental condition to meet with Putin. Putin will clean his clock.

In the meantime, we continue to pour billions into Ukraine, sending the more and more powerful weapon in a clear escalation of the conflict and Ukraine continues to lose ground. Russia is bleeding us, not just Ukraine.
In the end, Russia will win. Zelensky and his wife, along with numerous other Ukraine officials will wind up fleeing the country with billions of US dollars in their foreign bank accounts. Then, the same politicians waving Ukaine flags will be silent. There will be no mention of the stolen US aid and Democrats will blame MAGA Republicans for their failure - again.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Biden has not met formally with Putin since he took office.

Yes he did, you didnt see the video? Biden made a deal but fortunately his staff convinced him to renege on the deal.

I found the video! See:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the end, Russia will win. Zelensky and his wife, along with numerous other Ukraine officials will wind up fleeing the country with billions of US dollars in their foreign bank accounts. Then, the same politicians waving Ukaine flags will be silent. There will be no mention of the stolen US aid and Democrats will blame MAGA Republicans for their failure - again.

100% spot on. We've made cave dwellers into billionaires. Just as we did in Afghanistan. Just as we do throughout the world. Insane.

Top Bottom