bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
libtears.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
C YA!!!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

The proposal would see California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington state ditch Trump's USA

by jon lockett

14th November 2016, 10:27 am

CALIFORNIANS are dreaming of ditching the US and joining CANADA as backing grows for some American states to pull off ‘their own Brexit’.

Momentum is building for a proposal which would see California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington state ditch a USA run by Donald Trump.

NINTCHDBPICT000282052790
AP:Associated Press

Following shock news The Donald would be the 45th American President, Canada’s immigration website was flooded with so many requests from US citizens it actually crashed.

Others took to the streets to make it clear they wanted Trump out of the White House before he’s even officially become President.

Now some Americans are hoping to officially join up with their friends in the north without even moving house.

The idea for Calexit – for California to become an independent state – quickly went viral on social media after the election results were announced, with thousands of people calling for it to happen NOW.

Now others have called for more States to join the movement and leave the US.

Those that propose the historic shift claim it is the perfect solution, as it allows Republicans to do their thing under Trump while those who object to him can pledge allegiance to Canada instead.

Canada’s prime minister Justin Trudeau has already promised to take in Syrian refugees, legalise marijuana and tackle climate change – pretty different to Donald Trump’s take on things.

The Yes California website states: “We advocate for peaceful secession from the United States by use of an independence referendum to establish a mandate, followed by a nationwide campaign to advocate in support of a constitutional exit from the Union.”

And the plan already has some high profile backers, including Silicon Valley luminaries such as Shervin Pishevar, co-founder of Hyperloop, who has announced he planned to fund a “legitimate campaign for California to become its own nation”

He described his backing for Calexit as “the most patriotic thing I can do,” adding: “We can re-enter the union after California becomes a nation. As the sixth largest economy in the world, the economic engine of the nation and provider of a large percentage of the federal budget, California carries a lot of weight.”

The suggestion has been popular – although blue states which would be marooned without a Canadian border, such as Colorado and New Mexico, are reportedly alarmed at the though of being left behind.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:towel

EscobarSeason ‎@Esco417

Can the entire west coast just secede from the rest of the country? Let's make it happen, people! #CalExit #Election2016

妖怪 ‎@SaveTheYoukai

I no longer identify as being an American citizen from now just Californian make #Calexit happen along with the rest of the Westcoast

Anika ‎@AllAboutAnika

#Calexit is trending...California is the 6th largest economy in the world. I'd vote for it. We'd be great on our own. #sorryamerica

Tom Hall ☘ ‎@TomHall

#CalExit

I Like #WestCoastNation!

When are we Leaving?

California, Oregon & Washington say Bye Bye! Nevada U2 :)#Election2016

Reaction score
Oh well if it went viral on social media I'm sure it'll happen. Just need some more likes and shares and it's a done deal.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh well if it went viral on social media I'm sure it'll happen. Just need some more likes and shares and it's a done deal.

:lol Some of these morons probably actually believe that.

I'm thinking a virus that destroyed twitter, facebook, and instagram wouldn't be a bad thing.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If California went out as its own nation it would collapse in no time with the liberals having no federal aide. 10 years or less they'd be begging back into the union.

Reaction score
No democrat would ever win the presidential election again without the west coasts virtual guaranteed 74 electoral votes.

Reaction score
If California went out as its own nation it would collapse in no time with the liberals having no federal aide. 10 years or less they'd be begging back into the union.

They won't be allowed back in.

I fully support Calexit because a huge chunk of leftist assholes would relocate there from the rest of the US. Those 55 automatic electoral votes would be gone too. And why does California still get 55? They have lost millions upon millions of actual citizens. They simply must be counting illegals to keep the 55 which means they are committing treason.

I don't want to share a country with the left anymore. They feel the same way, so splitting off a couple of lost cause states like California is the best solution so that neither side has to live under the rule of the other.

As a side note, how long before a foreign government like China or Mexico decides it wants a defenseless "independent" California for its resources?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
As a side note, how long before a foreign government like China or Mexico decides it wants a defenseless "independent" California for its resources?

California could be and should be awash in money and never have any debt.

I'd hate to give the liberals California. Id rather just execute all of them and keep California for the US.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I reluctantly still live in CA and could care less if they leave the U.S.

I'm heading to Texas within three years anyway

Last Tuesday we passed a bill that requires us to register to purchase ammo. Removes the provision allowing high cap magazines to be grand fathered in so now any mag over 10 rounds even if I've owned it for 30 years will now be illegal. Turning me into a criminal for doing absolutely nothing!

The ammo registration is an additional $50 and now requires that you pass a background check for each magazine and ammo purchase just like we have to for each firearm purchase. It also puts you on a DOJ list with exactly what and when you purchased it.

This state is so far out of touch with reality

For example, I carry a gun for a living, yet I can't get a CCW because I just happen to live in Los Angeles County. If I moved one county over in any direction I would be approved for the CCW. I do have my open carry permit but there are many instances while doing my job that having to carry open actually makes my job impossible or at least vary difficult

I'm praying Trumps promise for an all 50 state CCW actually goes through. That will make my job so much easier when I have to cross state lines.

Reaction score
@kincannon_show
CNN reporter tells me Hillary became physically violent toward Robby Mook and John Podesta around midnight; had to be briefly restrained.

:lol

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The liberals didn't have a single fucking problem with the electoral college until 11/09/2016 when the anointed one lost to Satan

I bet they had a problem with it in 2000 too when Gore won the popular vote

guess that fervor never translated into getting the EC abolished

these fuckers on both sides create all kinds of bullshit election laws in an attempt to benefit their party. These laws need to be abolished imo, but thats next to impossible considering the people responsible for creating the laws would have to be relied upon to end them

effin' joke

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
guess that fervor never translated into getting the EC abolished

There ya go.16 years later and nobody bothered to worry about the electoral college that whole time.
Fun fact: Electoral college different than popular vote result 5 times, but in never happened in the 20th century.Three times in the 1800s, twice this century.

Top Bottom