Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don't know her. A quick look shows she's a straight, white republican.
What has she been caught doing/saying that would make her a trick choice?
Nothing. That's the point.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I love Newt Gingrich for VP. Trump needs someone that knows how to deal with congress and crack heads if need be.

As much as I dislike Kasich, he would pretty much lock up Ohio for Trump.

One of those two I guess.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Trump needs someone that knows how to deal with congress and crack heads if need be.
Pretty much how he said it himself.

I’d be going for a political person. Because I don’t need a business person, I need a political person. Somebody that can deal with the hill, that can deal with Congress and get things done, get things passed, et cetera, et cetera.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think the fight is over from within the GOP either. I think Cruz made a calculated decision to get out because he knows the GOP is going to try and screw Trump with a bombshell any day now. That could be a rule change, or coaxing a candidate to launch a 3rd party bid.Kasich getting out after saying last night that he wouldn't, that kind of smells funny and reinforces that notion for me.Two things happened in the last half a day.1. The GOP magically has warmed up to Trump and wanted to clear the way by getting the other two to suspend.2. The GOP feels the window is shutting for them to start challenging the early petition states to get another candidate on all state ballots on time.I don't trust the GOP to back Trump.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Pretty much how he said it himself.

So he needs one of the established politicians who can take care of all the shady political shit for him so he can keep his pristine outsider image intact?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's one way to look at it.

I guess it depends on what you think about him and his intentions to begin with.

His life will be made immeasurably worse by taking this job. I don't think it's that far fetched to think he's another citizen just fed up with the political class ruining people's lives. I don't understand why people are more comfortable with someone with experience in gov, it's not like the political class has done a great job or anything.

I'm sure he also sees it as a challenge to try and save the ultimate business, the American Economy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So who will be DJT's running mate? I was for a while thinking he'd tap Dr. Ben, but his announcement that it'll be a 'political person' has me doubting that. Unless he thinks an unsuccessful run makes someone a political person.

Christie?
Palin? I could see him committing suicide that way to ensure Hill gets in.
Sessions?

There was some speculation over Sessions and a congressmen from Ohio, and former UN guy John Bolton

It wont be Palin.

I think Chris Christie might be in line for attorney general if Trump doesn't pick him for VP.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think the fight is over from within the GOP either. I think Cruz made a calculated decision to get out because he knows the GOP is going to try and screw Trump with a bombshell any day now. That could be a rule change, or coaxing a candidate to launch a 3rd party bid.Kasich getting out after saying last night that he wouldn't, that kind of smells funny and reinforces that notion for me.Two things happened in the last half a day.1. The GOP magically has warmed up to Trump and wanted to clear the way by getting the other two to suspend.2. The GOP feels the window is shutting for them to start challenging the early petition states to get another candidate on all state ballots on time.I don't trust the GOP to back Trump.

Trump was very complimentary of Cruz last night, even though he didn't really need to say anything about him.

I think my conspiracy theory of Cruz for Supreme Court nominee may be possible.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
:lol

2 or 3 months ago when this race was very fluid, and Trump was one of many, The former President of Mexico made this statement:

"I'm not paying for that fucking wall!"

Tonight, with Trump as the nominee, he has changed his tune a bit.

"why does Mexico have to pay for this wall? The trade deficit between us and the United States is only $50Billion, but the deficit with China is over $500billion."

El Coco is coming, Meh-he-co.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Trump moving left. Now in favor of raising the minimum wage.

Won't be too long and I think he's going to go back to Universal Healthcare.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol He's already said as much. When he talks of repealing Obamacare, he follwos up with a promise to implement something better. i.e. just another form of government controlled bullshit.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:lol He's already said as much. When he talks of repealing Obamacare, he follwos up with a promise to implement something better. i.e. just another form of government controlled bullshit.

Last I heard his plan was to remove restrictions from marketing to certain areas, and do a bunch of other stuff that didn't include going to single payer.

Of course a year ago he said he would go with single payer so who knows.

Be interesting to see if his platform turns out to be more friendly to Democrats than Hillary's.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
On his website he does say allowing free market principles, in one of the debates he said something about the single-payer program. He's all over the place with his answers.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think the single payer bullshit is from an interview about 20 years ago where he said "it works in Canada and other places."

I watched all the debates up until the last two I think, I never heard him say he is in favor of single payer.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he said that.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
This might be semantic. Whether or not he meant to say Single Payer - he didn't deny it in the debate, he is talking about Socialized Healthcare

When Fox anchor Bret Baier later asked Trump to defend his position, Trump responded: “As far as single payer, it works in Canada, it works incredibly well in Scotland.” Here’s why Trump is wrong. - August 2015

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/08/07/no-donald-trump-single-payer-health-care-doesnt-work-incredibly-well-in-canada-scotland/#1ddaec153056

Pelley: How do you fix it?

Trump: There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, “No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private. But–”

Pelley: Universal health care.

Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of. How? How?

Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably—

Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Trump: —the government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything. Sept 2015

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/09/28/donald-trump-on-obamacare-on-60-minutes-everybodys-got-to-be-covered-and-the-governments-gonna-pay-for-it/#5c7da9433862

The government doesn't pay for anything, tax payers do. He can word play and dance, he's far too inconsistent to even approach being believable in any context.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Closer by the minute...

121024053037-10-trump-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom