Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
19794a0276ca6fb953e5a9f6f492feab.jpg
3b507b4f4a9ab9c13d01ddcef513ed62.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And the hits keep on coming. Just think, we have two more weeks of this. Jeruh was smart to blow a 1st rounder on Cooper. It made everyone forget about wanting to fire Garrett for two more weeks!
6514415436d50e9f38d2c7603c85f256.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It might not work out (again) as you note, but each case is its own deal. Just because the other two didn't work (both a long time ago anyway) doesn't mean you never consider it again.

I didn't want to see us part with a 1st either, but I do like the player and there probably no better options in the draft (based on several draft guru comments since yesterday, including Gil Brandt) or via free agency next year.

I notice you've got a little pep back in your step after this move dbair. But this staff and this GM went through all of pre-season and training camp believing we had the horses at WR to win. They called it Dak friendly and brought in Sanjay Lal to teach these guys how to run routes. That was the selling point. In other words, it wasn't the talent but the WR's route running that was the issue. Now it seems we're back to blaming the talent.

None of this will matter. You can bring in Randy Moss in his prime and it won't make one bit of difference while we have Dak at QB. Agree or disagree, but that's the reality. Just wait until we get some other scrub to replace Dak while we're struggling to find a franchise QB and that scrub completes a few passes and throws for more than 4 yards a quarter. We're all going to go full homer thinking we've found "him."

Just think....it seemed like yesterday when we were debating the talent on this team and how they've drafted better. Another myth but I respect your fandom and blind loyalty.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ohhhhh i get it

so were gonna have amari cooper playing QB

Really it's more of an indictment on how painfully fucking stupid it was to play for the FG at the end.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Norm was addressing some of the cap stuff on his show, with TW and Hurns both being gone after this season the net cap effect of Cooper (assuming they don't extend him before) is only about 7 mils. In addition, what we are paying Cooper this yr and next yr is considerably less than what we would have paid Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson (and IMO Cooper is a better player)

Also I am looking for something to confirm, but apparently TW's suspension does void all the guaranteed money he was due in his contract. I had kind of suspected this was why they held onto him as long as they did, knowing if he did get suspended they get more cap credit.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
totally worth the investment ofa 1st round pick

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And the hits keep on coming. Just think, we have two more weeks of this. Jeruh was smart to blow a 1st rounder on Cooper. It made everyone forget about wanting to fire Garrett for two more weeks!
6514415436d50e9f38d2c7603c85f256.jpg

Not me

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I notice you've got a little pep back in your step after this move dbair. But this staff and this GM went through all of pre-season and training camp believing we had the horses at WR to win. They called it Dak friendly and brought in Sanjay Lal to teach these guys how to run routes. That was the selling point. In other words, it wasn't the talent but the WR's route running that was the issue. Now it seems we're back to blaming the talent.

I know what they said, but I also know they reportedly tried to sign two other high profile WR's that got huge deals the first couple days of free agency, so they did see the need to do something. Isnt blind speculation either, both those were reported by multiple outlets.

None of this will matter. You can bring in Randy Moss in his prime and it won't make one bit of difference while we have Dak at QB. Agree or disagree, but that's the reality. Just wait until we get some other scrub to replace Dak while we're struggling to find a franchise QB and that scrub completes a few passes and throws for more than 4 yards a quarter. We're all going to go full homer thinking we've found "him."

Yeah this is a potential problem, Prescott has to play better. I'm not sure he CAN play better with the staff and system we have in place now, the evidence seems to be getting pretty clear on that.

Just think....it seemed like yesterday when we were debating the talent on this team and how they've drafted better. Another myth but I respect your fandom and blind loyalty.

There's definitely talent here. Talent that SHOULD be doing better than what we saw the 2nd half of last yr and the first 7 games this year. If they had a really competent HC and staff in place I have little doubt with these same players we'd be sitting at 5-2 or 6-1 right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zoner thread:

"should we trade for Eli Manning?"

JFC the ignorance of these people.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There's definitely talent here. Talent that SHOULD be doing better than what we saw the 2nd half of last yr and the first 7 games this year. If they had a really competent HC and staff in place I have little doubt with these same players we'd be sitting at 5-2 or 6-1 right now.

This has been the issue with Red all along.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah this is a potential problem, Prescott has to play better. I'm not sure he CAN play better with the staff and system we have in place now, the evidence seems to be getting pretty clear on that.

I see. So you're not a believer in the 2016 season? I know the staff is subpar but I also know the QB position needs upgrading.

Maybe.....maybe not. I think with better QB play we'd be 5 and 2 or 6 and 1. But that's because of the D which is playing pretty well and keeping the team in games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see. So you're not a believer in the 2016 season? I know the staff is subpar but I also know the QB position needs upgrading.

He played exceptionally well that yr, one of the best rookie seasons a QB has ever had. But he has clearly regressed since then.

I mentioned it in another thread weeks ago, but Prescott worked with one of those QB gurus prior to the combine and draft that year. His mechanics looked far better then that they do today, more indictment of how bad Garrett and Linehan have been for him.

Maybe.....maybe not. I think with better QB play we'd be 5 and 2 or 6 and 1. But that's because of the D which is playing pretty well and keeping the team in games.

It's fair to say with better QB play we'd be better, but I also think its fair to say the coaching the QB is getting is not helping too.

While the D has been good at times, they've also struggled to generate a consistent pass rush (even against teams with bad OL's) and they cant get turnovers to save their life. 2 picks in 7 games is horrendous and it's been a trend that's gone on for years.

The whole team is drug down by Garrett's lousy coaching, offense, defense and special teams. This team is fundamentally poor, and that's 100% on Garrett and the coaches.

Reaction score
Bill Belichick traded a 1st rd pick for a WR. The next year the Rams traded a 1st rd pick for the very same player.

And no, I am not saying we are anything like the Pats or Rams. I am only pointing out that teams have traded 1st rd picks for WR's very recently.

Comparing Belichick to Jerry Jones is not helping your cause. When you win titles, and are generally regarded as the best at your job in the history of the world then you get leeway to make risky moves. Also, he has the best QB to ever play the game so the worry of finding a franchise QB hasn't been there for NE in a decade and a half.

Not only that, but what aren't you getting about the fact that Jerry Jones has already been burned twice by this same idiotic move? Jerry Jones is a bumbling, unlucky fool when it comes to managing a football team. This can only go wrong for Dallas and set the franchise back. There is no upside because we don't have a good QB, we have the worst coach in the league, the biggest joke of an offensive coaching staff, and the worst GM in the league.

Cooper, is also not that great of a player. He has mentally quit on the Raiders which means he will do the same damn thing here too. It's not like we acquired a young Jerry Rice for that first. No, we got a guy that will quit and check out once he sees that the culture here is even worse than Oakland, and has been a spare his last 20 games or so.

Seriously, it would have been less retarded to resign Dez, and keep the 1st rounder.

Reaction score
Let this sink in: Cooper's numbers this year are equivalent to Swaim's numbers. I AM NOT FUCKING WITH YOU.

Totally worth a likely top 15 or better pick...

Top Bottom