Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah as M.N.F needs a better analyst. Jason seems like a nice guy. But really needs to work on that if he retires for good. Learn from Tony R!

I suspect that after his lackluster performance last season that they decided not to being him back for next year.

That is why he is “coming out of retirement”

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sigh another bad idea that will give them reason not to address the position this year.

I think if their pick comes up in the 2nd round and the best player on the board is a TE I think they will take him. Having Witten though just means that they don’t HAVE to draft a TE this year. It allows them to wait until next year if need be. Plus it also gives Jarwin, Swaim, and Schwartz another year to show if they have anything.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think if their pick comes up in the 2nd round and the best player on the board is a TE I think they will take him. Having Witten though just means that they don’t HAVE to draft a TE this year. It allows them to wait until next year if need be. Plus it also gives Jarwin, Swaim, and Schwartz another year to show if they have anything.
Witten's done, he of the 3 yard route. Any of the JAGs you mentioned above can get 3 yards when they need 9. The field needs to be stretched, not compacted.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I like Jason Witten, he certainly belongs on a list of all time great TEs and Dallas Cowboys.
Right after the last MNF game, there was much talk by ESPN about re-upping the whole on air crew, with a generous raises for Witt and Booger. Nope.
This feels like a step back, though.
I feel like Witt will be our TE coach soon. If he's the guy the media is saying is regarded as a "potential head coach someday", I have no problem with that.
On the field though, if we get the Witten from the last 5 years or so, it might not be so great.
I'm fully aware of the parade of assholes we had at QB in some of those years, and Witt can still grab the ball.
But we've all seen his breaking through defenders after the catch skill set is kaput.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
#82 is one of the great players in franchise history

With that said, he was slow and couldn’t get YAC to save his life anymore

Now he’s 2 years older (37 YO I think) and 1 year removed from football

He wasn’t helping the team that much the last couple seasons he played and was still in football shape

I’m all for him coming back to the Cowboys, but it should be as the TE coach and not as a player. That would be where he could help the team the most.

Hopefully having a season without him has shown the coaches that there are other players that can be productive and that we don’t have to put Witten in just because it’s Witten

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Witten's done, he of the 3 yard route. Any of the JAGs you mentioned above can get 3 yards when they need 9. The field needs to be stretched, not compacted.

So what’s your suggestion to bring a stretch the field TE? Who is that guy? Witten is nothing more than a stop gap. It’s not like they are signing him to a 5 year contract.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So what’s your suggestion to bring a stretch the field TE? Who is that guy? Witten is nothing more than a stop gap. It’s not like they are signing him to a 5 year contract.
I'd rather spent the money on Eifort and yeah he'll defintely get hurt and only play 4 games but still a better option IMO.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd rather spent the money on Eifort and yeah he'll defintely get hurt and only play 4 games but still a better option IMO.

See to me, regardless of the Witten signing Eifert makes no sense. He’s played like 9 games in 3 years.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How is that a better option? The big problem from that position last year was no consistency whatsoever. Regardless of what Witten can or can't do he should be able to at least provide that. Eifort can't open a jar of mayo without hurting something. He'll sign a deal with some team that's great for him and sucks for them, then play another 7 games or so in the next two years before being cut and eventually retiring.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Two talented idiot DL suspended last week, and one 37yr TE who the last two years of his playing career scared nobody returns. Edit AND GM commits to WR with blown out achilles that costs 6.25 in cap space being on team for 2019

Oh, and idiot, drunken owner/GM says "one super bowl" could make Garrett longest tenured coach in franchise history.

That folks is the definition of a "bad week"

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Two talented idiot DL suspended last week, and one 37yr TE who the last two years of his playing career scared nobody returns. Edit AND GM commits to WR with blown out achilles that costs 6.25 in cap space being on team for 2019

Oh, and idiot, drunken owner/GM says "one super bowl" could make Garrett longest tenured coach in franchise history.

That folks is the definition of a "bad week"

One Super Bowl and the Red Fraud could be around 30+ years? Thats more than a bad week.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
D Law’s agent says he won’t sign the franchise tag or report to camp unless a long term deal is done

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
D Law’s agent says he won’t sign the franchise tag or report to camp unless a long term deal is done

Yeah, both sides are using the negotiations techniques for a 2ND franchise tag. They have until June to come together on numbers.
I'd like to see it get done, but I wouldn't make a bet either way at this point.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They have to get a deal worked out for him rather than him playing on the franchise tag this year. Either that or trade him. If they don’t then don’t expect to see him at all this year. He needs shoulder surgery that has a 3-4 rehab plan. If they don’t get a deal worked out he’ll sign the franchise tender and have the surgery right before camp. He’ll sit out the whole year rehabbing and collect his $20+ mil.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I say just pay the man

He proved his worth
He proved that he can stay healthy and play a full season two years in a row now

Don’t make him the highest paid d lineman

But get the contract done. He held up his end of the deal like they asked him to do. Now it’s time for Jeruh to hold up his end.

I just don’t want this to be the main story we hear about all off season from the Cowboys

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zoners be like- "Lawrence has ref flags and issues, and he is overrated anyway"

"lets just take those picks from someone, get two firsts for him and be done"

Top Bottom