junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm going to camp and this year I'm bringing TWO giant foam #1 cowboys fingers. I have no idea how the fuck I'm going to eat a hot dog (or drive there for that matter) but those are the sacrifices I make for this team

#gocowboys #RKG #defensecantbeworse #marinelli #bestownerinsports

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm taking my foam finger, too.

1277994_549627731784348_1020203200_o.jpg

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I doubt that is officially licensed merch, mister. You'll probably be walking into a Jerry Jones lawsuit. Which is what you deserve for being a fake fan that can't see what is being built here

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think this rebuilt offensive line is a reason for feeling a little optimistic. Barring injuries i think this offense could be very good.
Offensive line wasn't anything close to the problem injury wise the defensive line was. Offensive line has been pretty good actually. But yeah, with three first round picks in it, it really SHOULD be good.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "has been pretty good". They took a step forward last season, but sucked the wiener the previous 3-4 years. And even if the D stays healthy, we just don't have the talent to compete on that side of the ball. Jeff Heath man. Jeff fucking Heath.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say "has been pretty good". They took a step forward last season, but sucked the wiener the previous 3-4 years.
You're basing this on how many sacks the quarterbacks took, or the less than stellar running game?
And even if the D stays healthy, we just don't have the talent to compete on that side of the ball.
Hopefully we'll find that out.

Reaction score
You're basing this on how many sacks the quarterbacks took, or the less than stellar running game?
Hopefully we'll find that out.

I'm basing this on watching them play.

And yes, we will find out that a defense that trots out a bunch of JAGS will probably be pretty janky.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm basing this on watching them play.
That's subjective. When in actuality, they grade out pretty decent. The O-line is far from your worst problem.
And yes, we will find out that a defense that trots out a bunch of JAGS will probably be pretty janky.
If they can be only half as banged up as last year that alone would be a big help.

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are a problem. They mad strides last season. I'm only saying that previous to 2013, they were not a consistent group.

Problem is, when Justin Durant is your starting MLB, it doesn't matter if he gets hurt, because years of not building depth at key positions have set them up to fail instead of plug in and move on.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Problem is, when Justin Durant is your starting MLB, it doesn't matter if he gets hurt, because years of not building depth at key positions have set them up to fail instead of plug in and move on.
And instead, concentrating on making the offense more "Romo Friendly."
I'm not saying they are a problem. They mad strides last season. I'm only saying that previous to 2013, they were not a consistent group.
And my answer to that was, "Offensive line wasn't anything close to the problem injury wise the defensive line was. Offensive line has been pretty good actually. But yeah, with three first round picks in it, it really SHOULD be good."

I don't know anyone who thinks the offensive line improvement is more important than defensive line improvement.

Emmitt and Troy never had even ONE first round pick in their O-Lines over the years. We have three now. Problem should be solved.

Reaction score
And instead, concentrating on making the offense more "Romo Friendly."
And my answer to that was, "Offensive line wasn't anything close to the problem injury wise the defensive line was. Offensive line has been pretty good actually. But yeah, with three first round picks in it, it really SHOULD be good."

I don't know anyone who thinks the offensive line improvement is more important than defensive line improvement.

Emmitt and Troy never had even ONE first round pick in their O-Lines over the years. We have three now. Problem should be solved.

I don't disagree with you that the focusing on drafting offensive players has been frustrating. If you want to call it Romo Friendly, or just Jerry trying to flashy, it is no secret our drafts have been horribly mismanaged. And I don't think anyone has said that the offensive line improvement was more important than defensive line, They both needed help, but only one got it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you want to call it Romo Friendly
I don't. That's Redball and Jerry's name for it. It's their coinage.
And I don't think anyone has said that the offensive line improvement was more important than defensive line
That's correct but it seemed really weird to see someone focused on the offensive line in the post I replied to. Quoted again below:
I think this rebuilt offensive line is a reason for feeling a little optimistic. Barring injuries i think this offense could be very good.

Reaction score
Well, there should be optimism for the offensive line. Looks like we could field our best unit since 2007. It doesn't take away from us trotting out a bunch of castoffs on the dline, but hey we gotta have something to look forward to in what very well could be a 5 win season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well, there should be optimism for the offensive line. Looks like we could field our best unit since 2007.
With three first round draft picks, it certainly should be.

Just seemed weird to me anyone would focus on that. It hasn't been that much of a negative.

Reaction score
It was as of 2011. Adding Smith and Frederick were smart movies. I'll agree on Martin (as a guy who desperately wanted us to draft Manziel or a linebacker).

Top Bottom