Cythim

Reaction score
http://nationalmortgagesettlement.com/

Federal Government & Attorneys General reach landmark settlement with major banks
Roughly $25 billion in relief for distressed borrowers, states and federal government.
After many months of negotiation, 49 state attorneys general and the federal government have reached agreement on ahistoric joint state-federal settlement with the country’s five largest loan servicers:
The settlement will provide as much as $25 billion in relief to distressed borrowers and direct payments to states and the federal government. It’s the largest multistate settlement since the Tobacco Settlement in 1998.

Thanks to the Obama administration I am now able to refinance my home at a much lower rate. My monthly payments will be 3/4th what I am currently paying and I will save $40k in finance charges. Once I convince my wife to continue paying what we have been paying for the last 5 years I will pay my mortgage off 10 years early and save nearly $150k in finance charges. Greatest. President. Ever.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
i4vLw.gif

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I read Matt taibbi's article on the deplorable awful bank of america in rolling stone the other day and there was a snippet in there that explained that this 26 billion dollar settlement had a waiver in there for bank of america to escape the billions of dollars of lawsuits against them.

Some sad times we live in. Even when they try and do something good for people who were screwed over by corrupt greed driven assholes in the banking industry there is always some caveat like this one allowing Bank of America off the hook for no reason....like always.

This president is not as responsible as the previous two who deregulated the industry, and in reality all the way back to reagan who started the deregulating, but he seemingly is just as ignorant, which seems impossible after 2008 or is to weak to do anything about it.

either way its not getting fixed anytime soon and good people, unions, states and local areas have been ripped off repeatedly and still are with the crooks in the banking industry.....

Makes no difference who you vote for this is not getting fixed, and can get worse however.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I read Matt taibbi's article on the deplorable awful bank of america in rolling stone the other day and there was a snippet in there that explained that this 26 billion dollar settlement had a waiver in there for bank of america to escape the billions of dollars of lawsuits against them.

Some sad times we live in. Even when they try and do something good for people who were screwed over by corrupt greed driven assholes in the banking industry there is always some caveat like this one allowing Bank of America off the hook for no reason....like always.

This president is not as responsible as the previous two who deregulated the industry, and in reality all the way back to reagan who started the deregulating, but he seemingly is just as ignorant, which seems impossible after 2008 or is to weak to do anything about it.

either way its not getting fixed anytime soon and good people, unions, states and local areas have been ripped off repeatedly and still are with the crooks in the banking industry.....

Makes no difference who you vote for this is not getting fixed, and can get worse however.

Bush wanted major reform and changes to the mortgage industry, but your guys Barney Frank and Chris Dodd (the real pieces of garbage involved in all this) vehemently opposed it. Might have had something to do ith the fact they were getting bookoos of $$$ from Fannie and Freddie

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bush wanted major reform and changes to the mortgage industry, but your guys Barney Frank and Chris Dodd (the real pieces of garbage involved in all this) vehemently opposed it. Might have had something to do ith the fact they were getting bookoos of $$$ from Fannie and Freddie

This your guys stuff doesnt apply to me, and if you think the banking industry is what it is becaue of fannie and freddie you need to turn off the rush limbaugh and fox news.

and on the bush wanting to reform the industry, well....nevermind

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This your guys stuff doesnt apply to me, and if you think the banking industry is what it is becaue of fannie and freddie you need to turn off the rush limbaugh and fox news.

and on the bush wanting to reform the industry, well....nevermind

so basically you're acting like every other liberal does when a fact is presented

its a fact that Dodd and Frank made tons of money off fannie and freddie mac, and its a fact that they strongly opposed any reform to the system

its also a fact that the mortgage industry caved to democrat pushed agenda to make sure basically anybody and everybody would qualify for a mortgage

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
so basically you're acting like every other liberal does when a fact is presented

its a fact that Dodd and Frank made tons of money off fannie and freddie mac, and its a fact that they strongly opposed any reform to the system

its also a fact that the mortgage industry caved to democrat pushed agenda to make sure basically anybody and everybody would qualify for a mortgage

Your awfully intent on throwing labels around, and you also are making your self look silly.

Proclaiming a political side by itself caused the banking industry to go crazy is ignorant and basically ridiculous. If you want to talk about facts learn some. If you want to throw around amazingly simplistic and ridiculous comments like Barney and the dems caused the crisis and wouldn't let anyone fix it, well that's your business.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Gingrich made a ton of money from fannie and freddie why did you leave his name out.

And since you want to point the finger here is a list of every legislator who took money and its about 50/50 R's and D's

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

Reaction score
Your awfully intent on throwing labels around, and you also are making your self look silly.

Proclaiming a political side by itself caused the banking industry to go crazy is ignorant and basically ridiculous. If you want to talk about facts learn some. If you want to throw around amazingly simplistic and ridiculous comments like Barney and the dems caused the crisis and wouldn't let anyone fix it, well that's your business.

We need a "deuced on" meme for posts like this.

Top Bottom