C

Cr122

That's where I think you'll see a difference in the play calling during the regular season. You'll see more short passes on first down in order to not have to rely on the run against a defense using run-blitzes and the oline will not have to maintain their blocks for very long.

Ayuh, checkdown city pretty much.

Not much more you can do when pressure is in your face 75% of the time.

sbk92

Reaction score
Ayuh, checkdown city pretty much.

Not much more you can do when pressure is in your face 75% of the time.

Screens. Maybe a few of those bubble screens. Get the ball outside when they are crowding the line of scrimmage like that.

With guys like Austin and Bryant, that's a load to bring down in the open field for defensive backs.

C

Cr122

Screens. Maybe a few of those bubble screens. Get the ball outside when they are crowding the line of scrimmage like that.

With guys like Austin and Bryant, that's a load to bring down in the open field for defensive backs.

That's about all we can do with this weak ass line of ours. I'm still holding out a glimpse of hope when Kosier and Colomblow get back.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That's about all we can do with this weak ass line of ours. I'm still holding out a glimpse of hope when Kosier and Colomblow get back.

Nothing wrong with wishing those guys back.

It's just that most of the issues have been with guys that have played in the NFL for many seasons.

They should know how to handle a stunt by this point.

And let's not excuse Barber for his shatty blitz pickup. I keep hearing how he should be the starter because of his ability to pass block.

So much for that theory.

C

Cr122

Nothing wrong with wishing those guys back.

It's just that most of the issues have been with guys that have played in the NFL for many seasons.

They should know how to handle a stunt by this point.

And let's not excuse Barber for his shatty blitz pickup. I keep hearing how he should be the starter because of his ability to pass block.

So much for that theory.

I agree, they should know how to pick up stunts, and Barber is terrible with the blitz pick up. I don't think any of our backs are good at it.

Top Bottom